Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a cassette drive and purchased the audio attachment. Double DIN lower panel. My cassette allows one to change the lighting color between red and white by holding down the eject button for a few seconds.

The problem is that on the hybrids the drive is in the center console and the light on the DVD drive is red. It used to be hidden by a door but now is visible all the time. Most navi drives are in the trunk, go figure. I know it is a little thing but it is driving me nuts.

Is there a way to change the color?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
My guess would be not. It's a different drive completely from the non-hybrid cars, which would make me wonder why they didn't use a white light in there, since there were no coupe hybrids... I guess they didn't think people would break the door off? If your door is gone, you might just look on ebay for a busted drive, or contact someone on ebay that deals in OEM Car Audio systems that might have a broken drive that they'd sell you a door off of.

The cassette drive changes so that it could be used and matching in coupe (red) or sedan (white), obviously.

What isn't obvious, however, is why the heck you're still using cassette tapes :)

I have never even put a CD into my accord, much less the last time I've even SEEN a cassette :lmao:

Good luck :)

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
I recently added a cassette drive and purchased the audio attachment. Double DIN lower panel. My cassette allows one to change the lighting color between red and white by holding down the eject button for a few seconds.

The problem is that on the hybrids the drive is in the center console and the light on the DVD drive is red. It used to be hidden by a door but now is visible all the time. Most navi drives are in the trunk, go figure. I know it is a little thing but it is driving me nuts.

Is there a way to change the color?
What's a cassette?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Now I am curious to know what your audio screen looks like when you are playing a tape! Take a pic of the Navi screen in tape mode so we can all see it. I would have converted my tapes to CD instead of buying a tape deck.

No, you can't change the color of the DVD-ROM drive indicator, since it was never intended to be visible. The reason the DVD-ROM drive in the Hybrid is installed in the lower cubby is because the audio system is wired completely different, and the hybrid batteries are in the trunk/rear seat area. They did not want the DVD-ROM drive in the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess would be not. It's a different drive completely from the non-hybrid cars, which would make me wonder why they didn't use a white light in there, since there were no coupe hybrids... I guess they didn't think people would break the door off? If your door is gone, you might just look on ebay for a busted drive, or contact someone on ebay that deals in OEM Car Audio systems that might have a broken drive that they'd sell you a door off of.

The cassette drive changes so that it could be used and matching in coupe (red) or sedan (white), obviously.

What isn't obvious, however, is why the heck you're still using cassette tapes :)

I have never even put a CD into my accord, much less the last time I've even SEEN a cassette :lmao:

Good luck :)
My music collection was puchased over many years, I see no reason to pay for it again to get it in digital format and I don't have the time to convert it myself.

I also listen to a lot of audiobooks. If you look in the used bookstores they pretty much give them away.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
My music collection was puchased over many years, I see no reason to pay for it again to get it in digital format and I don't have the time to convert it myself.

I also listen to a lot of audiobooks. If you look in the used bookstores they pretty much give them away.
That's dedication to a format, gotta give you credit for that :)

·
4,574 Posts
@King, I still have my Sony MiniDisc home deck and Walkman! That was a great replacement for cassettes...too bad the marketing morons at Sony botched that up in the early 90s.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
lol.
MiniDisc actually was a pretty decent format for an on the fly recordable audio media. I know several people that still have their portables specifically for digital recording of concerts and stuff like that.

·
4,574 Posts
The recording flexibility of the MiniDisc made it far superior to cassettes. Near CD quality sound, direct digital recording, ability to add text, delete any song and add new songs made it a great replacement for cassettes. Too bad they tried to market it as a CD replacement. Ooops.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. I'm not sure exactly what I expected to see, but I can't say that I'm overly surprised with the interface. It looks so...simplistic.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
^lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here are the pics The first one shows the upper console and the nav screen, the second is just the nav screen is more readable.
Something I just noticed, does the little gray line in the middle of the tape icon progress as you move further through the tape?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts