Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard / expensive would that be to do?

I might get an LX Accord. The only feature I'd sorely miss from the upper trim levels is the leather-wrapped wheel.

According to:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...&catcgry4=KLCVT&catcgry5=STEERING+WHEEL+(SRS)

It appears the wheel itself is $142.02, list price $202.88.

Also found a WHEEL, STEERING *NH167L* (LEA) (GRAPHITE BLACK) (78501-T2A-U51ZA) for $144.

Figure maybe $150 in labor. So for $300 I could have a factory leather wheel in an LX? Am I close is way out in left field?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
There are two threads out there about swapping the wheel. It's not hard.

Jay

·
CVT
514 Posts
I'd also recommend looking an aftermarket leather wrap. Shop around the upholstery shops around your area and see if they offer quality leather wraps.. The leather wrap on my sport is nice, but could be much better.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
OK, thanks. Guess that's quite a noob mistake not to search for it first :(

Thanks for not berating me :biggrin:
:thmsup:

That's not my style. Typically I will look for the thread and post a link, but I've been accessing via my phone today. It's easier from the computer.

Jay

·
Registered
495 Posts
Honda charged me 100 for swapping the stock leather steering wheel to my JDM wood grain steering wheel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the wheelskins black leather wrap cover and its pretty awesome. Leather is great quality. you have to thread it on, not that hard but time consuming. I can post pics later.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honda charged me 100 for swapping the stock leather steering wheel to my JDM wood grain steering wheel.
Not sure what you mean:

a) You already had the JDM wood grain wheel and your Honda dealer charged you $100 labor to swap?

b) You paid your Honda dealer $100 and they took out your stock wheel and put in a JDM woodgrain wheel?

What is a JDM woodgrain wheel. JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. Is it the same wheel we get in states, but where is the wood? Got pictures?

I got the wheelskins black leather wrap cover and its pretty awesome. Leather is great quality. you have to thread it on, not that hard but time consuming. I can post pics later.
Did you put this over the stock plastic wheel? Would love to see some pics!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure what you mean:

a) You already had the JDM wood grain wheel and your Honda dealer charged you $100 labor to swap?

b) You paid your Honda dealer $100 and they took out your stock wheel and put in a JDM woodgrain wheel?

What is a JDM woodgrain wheel. JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. Is it the same wheel we get in states, but where is the wood? Got pictures?
They took out my stock leather wrapped wheel and installed a wood grain steering wheel that is equipped on Accords in Japan.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131026

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry so late to post but i did a quick DIY on it a few months back.

Just dont make the same stupid mistake i did. I turned on the key without reinstalling the airbag first and my airbag light stayed on until i took it to Honda.

heres the thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118642

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pretty easy swap if you are a little bit mechanically inclined. Probably under an hour. There a couple write ups on this board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts