Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
local speed shop in pompano - I'm not worried - tech is really a meticulous person - RSB = rear shelf bracket?
If you hearing a Thumb, Could be your RSB "Rear Sway Bar" end-links which could be lose or not reinstalled from the removal of the rear suspension components.

Or could be that the Rear top hat screws aren't tighten down all the way.. You should be worried not they aren't going to fix it, but something can be lose.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Rear Sway Bar

·
Internet
502 Posts
if youre hearing a thump from back there, try to check if your shocks are blown, from some reason or another
a way to test it is... by pushing your car down at each corner, if its soft or you hear a slight squeak, its blown

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
After I installed HFP suspension I noticed the rear shelf creak over bumps and going up curbs. I first checked suspension bolts and rear sway bar but it wasn't any of those, turned out to be the added stiffness from the suspension making the sheet metal in the trunk creak/clunk. Had to use the spray teflon wax as many have done on those specific pieces of sheet metal in the trunk, haven't heard a peep from them since. There is a giant thread regarding the rear shelf creak, you may want to pursue that avenue as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts