Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch in my '05 V6 6MT isn't terribly stiff, but it's not as easy as my old MX6 was (like a feather) & I was looking for a way to make it easier. According to the person in the link below the clutch tension spring used in the 4 cylinder & 6 cylinder accords are different, but interchangeable. I'm curious if anyone has done this & if it made a difference. http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f20/clutch-mod-6-speed-v6-accord-297459/

I'm guessing the clutch tension spring is the spring attached to the clutch pedal? Are there instructions anywhere for replacing this? Thanks.

·
Top Gear Baby!
157 Posts
Hmm... this is something I might try out. It's a little expensive online it seems ($23 w/ s/h) so I'll have to see what my dealer can offer. Will let you guys know what I find. :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Your welcome. Let us know how it works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MX6 LS vs I4 Accord Clutch Action

My experience was the opposite. I went from a 94 MX6 LS (2.5 V6) MT to a 2007 EX-L Accord Sedan I4 MT (both have hydraulic clutches). My Accord's clutch action is smoother and lighter than the Mazda's. Sounds like you're on the right track by installing the 4 cyl spring for a lighter action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience was the opposite. I went from a 94 MX6 LS (2.5 V6) MT to a 2007 EX-L Accord Sedan I4 MT (both have hydraulic clutches). My Accord's clutch action is smoother and lighter than the Mazda's. Sounds like you're on the right track by installing the 4 cyl spring for a lighter action.
Have you drove a 7th gen Accord V6 6MT or for that matter can anyone compare the clutch in a 7th gen Accord V6 & 4 cylinder? I ordered my 4 cylinder spring a week ago, hopefully it will be here pretty soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts