Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
No idea. But if you don't mind me asking, why do you plan to do it?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Probably he has tan and wants black. Know the feeling.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
You guys have any ideal that how much it would cost me if I change the interior color?
I'm guessing you don't mean the lighting, but the seats/doors/carpet/seat belts/console/dash ... I don't think that'll be a reasonable cost.

That said, if you could find ALL the parts you need at a local junk/salvage yard - that'd probably be your best bet for a starting point.

* I guess it really depends on the quality you'd want from the finished look ... if you really don't care, you could get several cans of Plasti-Dip and DupliColor Fabric Stain ...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm guessing you don't mean the lighting, but the seats/doors/carpet/seat belts/console/dash ... I don't think that'll be a reasonable cost.

That said, if you could find ALL the parts you need at a local junk/salvage yard - that'd probably be your best bet for a starting point.

* I guess it really depends on the quality you'd want from the finished look ... if you really don't care, you could get several cans of Plasti-Dip and DupliColor Fabric Stain ...
It would probably be easier to sell the Accord and buy one with the interior of his choice given the amount of Accords in the market. It's like wanting to convert an Automatic into a Manual, it's possible but worth the hassle? He's looking to spend north of a thousand if not more and then be stuck with rattles everywhere.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have pondered this as well..... I just feel like black interior would look much better with the nighthawk black exterior... That being said if I was going to spend the time and money to swap out everything I would go leather.... you have to think about all the little parts that you would need to change its not just the seats and carpet its door cards all the little trim pieces a few hiding airbags head liner dash... Even dying everything would be a massive undertaking, then how long would that hold up? And like some others have stated after taking all of this stuff out and putting it back in (or new pieces in) your probably going to have a lot of new nosies in the cabin.

·
White on Black AV6-6
100 Posts
Buy an accord with your ideal interior color and then paint the outside. That's what I did. The cost of paint is prolly cheaper than an interior re-do.

I got albums on my profile if you want to see the end result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably he has tan and wants black. Know the feeling.
you got it :banana::banana:

Tks for all of your advices. The second problem that makes me considering to change the interior color because my car previous owner is a smoker, so there are some burn on the doors and the back seats. However, I'm thinking to use those ton of money on exhaust system. Is it a good ideal to upgrade the exhaust system on I4 accord coupe 2006?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
Tks for all of your advices. The second problem that makes me considering to change the interior color because my car previous owner is a smoker, so there are some burn on the doors and the back seats.
I feel your pain, the previous owner of my car was also a heavy smoker ... I'd call around to local yards and find the door panel and seats to replace if the burn holes are that bad.

Regards the muffler - you'll get a ton of different opinions on putting a can on an i4, personally I just painted my can black (high temp matte black) and shined up the OEM chrome tip ...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Im a member of the PO smoker club... My accord seats all have one burn spot :/

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,683 Posts
Just take a look at the prices for leather covers from online dealerships, and you'll change your mind quick.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
You know, the more I think of this the more I think of a post a while back from member "marceloleon". If that guy has five minutes, he is radically changing or pulling something out of his car.

I do believe he sprayed the carpet and seats a darker color....it may be worth it to hit him up for advice as he knows about such matters firsthand.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Just take a look at the prices for leather covers from online dealerships, and you'll change your mind quick.
HA! Made that mistake!

Waiting for a minty set of leather seats same color as mine to show up at the local junkyard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If anyone wants to buy full interior let me.

Conversion for black leather heated front seats, dash/navigation, door panels,carpet, headliner .

Will be posting up soon...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts