Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MeGaTron
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all this is my first post because I am new to this site. So i Just wanna say wazaaaaaaaa!!!:wave: haha..

Anyways, I have an 08' and only have done moderate mods....(I will be posting pics soon.):

HID's
Lower billet grill
LED interior lighting
18'' machined and black rims... (I found these online when I purchased the car for $440 so i bought them. However, with the mid set to get some mean looking 20's)
20% tints
Blue LED back up light

I am planning to buy my rims soon, the coilovers, but I was wondering......

What's the difference between having bigger Rotors or drilled slots on them? are they worth it?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Slottled and drilled rotor are for better stopping power
They will not get as hot as your solid oem rotor
Plus it looks alot better

I dont think a big brake kit is worth it unless you road race the car
Big brake kit=Big money

·
Registered
289 Posts
Slottled and drilled rotor are for better stopping power
They will not get as hot as your solid oem rotor
Plus it looks alot better

I dont think a big brake kit is worth it unless you road race the car
Big brake kit=Big money
:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
oop

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
WHAT HAPPEN TO ALL OF THIS?

ok let' s say you had only one component to buy...which one would it be out of these

Red stuff brake pads

Techna fit Stainless Steel brake lines

Drilled and slotted rotors

My guess is the Red stuff brake pads...who is with me?

HAHAH CHANGED YOUR MIND

·
Registered
968 Posts
what break upgrades would you all suggest?

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
Bpearl: Do your breaks still squeak at all? when u slown down or steering wheel shake at all?

·
Registered
210 Posts
How much is it to change rotors? My EX-L V6 has noticeably different brakes than my '08 LX and I liked the LX's better as they were more responsive. Would different rotors fix this problem or is there something else I need to do?

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Your EXL only has an 11.8 in the front, LX had 11.1 in front, not that bit of a difference. Get better pads

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Bpearl: Do your breaks still squeak at all? when u slown down or steering wheel shake at all?
I have the same set-up, so I can speak to it. It does squeal while you are breaking them in (and dust lol). EBC's have a break in coating, this is normal.

There is no steering wheel shake on the new rotors and pads. I had some on my OEM set-up, but it's now extremely solid and firm with the braided lines and new rotors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts