Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Hybrid EX-L. I did not remove the plugs behind the Airbag badges on the C pillar and, like you, struggled a little to replace the C pillar. I have removed my rear deck to do work three times now and I learned that you have to put it back on like you are hanging a coat on a coat hook. Place the C pillar over the white button like it will sit when in place, then slide it up the front of the white button and "hook it" onto the white button and slide it down the backside in place. You have to push up and against the headliner a little but it did not seem to damage it in any way nor leave any visible signs.
The coat hanger method is the way to go. I got the chance to ask the parts counter at the local dealership and after some research they concluded that the pin that you hang the trim onto is a single use part, so if you were to try to pull it out, you'd have to buy a replacement.

·
Registered
744 Posts
So I got the sub installed. Same kicker as everyone else.

My impression is much like others that have posted. Much cleaner and tighter bass. A noticeable improvement over the stock sub even on the stock amp.

I didn't end up cutting the metal, just bending it down and away. I put sound deadener on the area round the opening and a strip of foam with tape. I also ended up drilling the first whole from underneath and then a couple others with the sub in. I used toggle bolts to secure it to the deck. With three spots secured I noticed that the sub wouldn't move, but it would somewhat shake away from the deck and didn't sound as good as when I pushed the other side down. So, I ended up drilling a fourth hole and its sounds better. Took about 5 hours and I still have to put the c-pillar trim back on.

Don't forget to plug the connectors in before securing the rear deck.

There is still a huge rattle coming from where the plastic housing of the rear light meets the window. Any song with a good bass will rattle the plastic against the window and it sounds awful. I put a microfiber towel in between and the rattle went away, but it looks like crap. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks
With the rear deck out add a layer of felt tape around the edge of the deck and around the ridge of the third brake light that makes contact with the window. I have zero rattle from my deck but I went above and beyond to sound deadened.

Felt tape lining the edge of the deck

61 - 62 of 62 Posts