Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone changed out the stock horn for something a little more loud? which brand ?
are they direct replacement? will i need new wiring, harness etc?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
There maybe something not quite right with your OEM horn? In comparison I find the OEM horns in my car to be much louder than any OEM Honda/Acura horns I've had in the past.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing wrong with my horn, unless the US spec horns are louder than what we get in this part of the world. just wondering what my options are for a louder horn to replace the OEM one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My OEM horn is one of the loudest and manly horny on a sedan Ive ever heard. I would never think of needing to replace it, but I guess its always nice to have options if you want.

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
air horns are crazy loud. i was thinking about hella supertones myself but i'd have to custom wire it.

Reactions: demonics12

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Horns are really easy to wire up. All that is required is hooking up the positive signal and ground it to the chassis. Btw I have compared my car to an 8 th gen side by side and for sure the 8th gen has a louder horn

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
1,015 Posts
I have some from advance auto that i just piggy backed on top of the stock horns(using a relay), which are pretty substantial in the first place. I just bolted them under the hood and wired the relay signal switch into the hot wire going to the stock horn, so when the stock horn gets power, it turns on the relay and then the two auxillary horns. it's super loud and has a warbling effect. Think two cars sitting next to each other and both blow the horns. It gets ATTN.

·
loves his accord
75 Posts
Toshbar
How about a VID of the sound or something
Pic under the hood?
The louder the better
I installed an air horn in my old civic
Lol it was great

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
My last motorcycle had a similar horn as my accord now (both hondas) and it was always pretty loud. If you want loud... Stebel makes some good horns...

BUT IF YOU WANT LOUD, get a train horn and post pics of the install...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts