Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 07 Accord V6 and it seems to not be holding a charge. I started with replacing the starter and battery. After a day or so the battery light came on so I went to autozone to get it tested and they told me the alternator had a shorted diode. So I picked one up while I was there and on the way to my mechanic my alternator completely blew. Smoking and all. So I got the new one installed and we could start the engine because it had drained my battery to around 11.8V, so we charged it and it started right up. Was driving for about 45 mins and once again the battery light comes up along with a flashing airbag light. So I turned the engine off and it hasn’t been able to turn back on since. Haven’t tried to jump it because I’m sure it would just die again. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,300 Posts
1st thing, get a multimeter, measure the voltage between the battery terminals. When the engine is running, the voltage should be more than 14v. When the engine is not running, it should be more than 12.4v.

I'd get a new battery, because the short could have damaged the battery too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts