Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may know. my engine is shot. i decided not to go with the f20b so eh.. ill just either stick with the f23a or possibly find another engine that is very beneficial within cost range. not willing to spend more than 800 shippin included. thing is i came across a f23a not too long ago and they only charged 299 for it...i cant find that site...anyone came across it? and if not whats the cheapest long blocks anyone has seen for our 4cyl cars?

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
5th Gear
511 Posts
idk bro I'd just be careful because with a price like that...I'm scared there might be something minor wrong with the engine that they are trying to hide

·
Registered
16 Posts
Engine

I blew out the engine in the old accord i had before. I searched around a bit and found one exactly the same in a scrap yard with 200k kms on it. I paid 500$ for the engine and got someone to go pick it up for me. But when my mechanic put it in the car and started it up, it was pissing oil. After inspecting it he found that in the crash where it was before the casing where the timing chain is was smashed open and the oil pan was punctured. So he took parts off my blown out engine and placed them on the scrap yard one and welded the oil pan shut, and everything went perfect after that, kept the car 10 months after that before i sold it. So what im saying search in scrap yards if you want a cheap engine just make sure you're getting something good.

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already bought an engine. $485 no tax...off ebay from an actual company in california. its the JDM version of the F23a1...the f23a. ill prolly be one of the first on this site to have it done. most dont do it or dont see it as anything different

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
will your ECU be able to handle it or will you need to get a new ECU for the new engine?

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should be able to handle it with stock ecu from USDM engine....theres a slight difference in tune...very very slightly so it shouldnt make a big difference. its direct plug and play and im only buying head and block and valve cover. basically a long block without alternator, PS pump, Intake manifold...etc etc. ill be able to use my own stuff so that makes me feel a bit better....plus it has a 6 month unlimited mile warranty on it

·
Registered
10 Posts
what does aF23 or bF22 mean? Im not too familiar with engine names

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow...umm well..lets see....lol

type this in google...(no seriously)...honda F engine....then read the wikipedia..and it has the wholllleeeee list

1 - 10 of 10 Posts