Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a 2008 accord sedan, i4, basic of the basic package :)
Ive just started venturing into modding the car.

I was thinking of adding a sub and amp for the car to add some punch to the sound. But i am no car wiz, im more of a computer guy. . .
So i was wondering, what would you guys recommend for some subs and amp?
I'm looking for something cheap but not poopy, 100-150 for subs and maybe 200-300 for amp if possible. i plan on adding 2 subs and 1 mono amp

i was thinking of using this box http://www.zenclosures.com/2008_2011_Honda_Accord_Subwoofer_Box_w_amp_mount_a_p/accord0811.htm its a custom box for 08 sedan accords, seem to fit snugly in that space in the back. and has a space underneath for the amp

i was reading around and one guy got JL 10w3v3-4 those are pretty cool. then i saw the amp he got and it was $700. :O
i can understand why amps are so expensive, but does anyone of some other alternatives? to the sub and amp

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
105 Posts
I say Alpine Type-R, Infinity Reference or Polk Audio DB subs... then Autotek, US Amps or Hifonics for amps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh and Image Dynamics makes good subs too

·
Registered
926 Posts
I had a customer bring in a zenenclosure for a 350z a couple months ago

It looked nice, but it was flimsy as hell and the build quality was terrible. We ended up putting 2 dc audio lvl 3's in there and the bass tore the boxes apart in a week. Getting a custom would be your best bet. A sub is only as good as the box it's in.

Stay away from bass packages, too. Better stuff can be pieced together cheaper. Only stuff i ever get from crutchfield are headunits..everything else is at msrp and you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts