Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to the forum.
I recently took ownership of a 2006 Accord LX with the 2.4L K24A8, and a 5 speed automatic. Im looking for cheap yet effective ways to improve performance. (I have already swapped wheels with 2002 S2K AP1s)
Any contribution would help. Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
12,681 Posts
Welcome.

Search for a write-up from member "Bobbo".

His 7th Gen 4 cylinder is pretty much at the performance limit of what is still reliable and cost-effective.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,638 Posts
Welcome to DA. You can improve handling performance by getting a front sway bar and larger rear sway bar. As for engine mods I defer to Señor Blaine.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Change that trans. fluid, get a top end cleaning done, clean the throttle body (makes engine more responsive). You aren't going to get much more HP out of your 166HP engine compared to the cost, improved handling as said above is more cost saving. Welcome to DA.

·
^^vv<><>BA
11,877 Posts
I recently took ownership of a 2006 Accord LX with the 2.4L K24A8, and a 5 speed automatic. Im looking for cheap yet effective ways to improve performance. (I have already swapped wheels with 2002 S2K AP1s)
Cheap and effective?

Selling it and getting a V6 would be cheapest and most effective.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have these on all my cars, Adjustable Powerband. KaleCoAuto.com can't be beat. Best $100.00 I've spent!

Adjustable Powerband $95.99

Wish you had a little more low end torque? Maybe you want a high revving formula1-esque screamer? KaleCoAuto's Adjustable Powerbands are the perfect solution! The power bands are made from titanium-injected rubber, with high grade 440 fasteners. Six links are included. One band is for horsepower, and the other for torque. You may use more than three links per side, but extreme caution should be taken!

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Since you've already swapped the wheels;
- get the TL-S sway bars, front and rear, get new end links regardless for the install ... ~ $150 shopping around
- get the V6 strut tower brace, install is very straight forward ... ~ $65 shopping around

And that's pretty much it mate. Everything else you can do without sacrificing reliability will add a bit of torque, and there's lots that can be done in the name of aesthetic's and handling but that requires a bit more of a financial commitment.

I think I totalled up the $ I've spent on parts, and was in the $1750 CAD ballpark ... If I were to even try to cost in my own labour to that number ... FORGET IT. Betty doesn't burn barns, but she's a fantastic daily driver.

Good luck with your quest mate.

·
martial life-humanist
42 Posts
Do you have pics and did you pick up two front sets of S2K wheels? I have AP1 wheels sitting in storage since upgrading to Work Wheels.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubbles but the AP1 front rims are heavier than the Acura RSX 16" wheels, decreasing low end torque. The AP1 rims weigh 18 each, the RSX rims weigh 16lb each. I weighed the RSX rims personally in my garage using a scale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts