Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my backlight went out to my 2004 accord radio. If i shine a light i can see the display. Anyway im not skilled to solder what needs to be soldered to
Fix it. Can i buy the motherboard for cheap and just swap it in and out without no soldering. I have the 7BC0 model
Which includes the cd changer. Thank
You

·
Registered
385 Posts
you can do a search on google for accord radio fix or something like that and youtube videos pop up. i forgot which one i used, (some bald guy) and he walked through every step and wala! I now have a radio that shines.:notworthy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you dont want to solder, you would have to find the part number for the radio motherboard that matches your faceplate code. When I had this problem I read every thread on the subject, some guys had luck going to the dealer and they would order the motherboard for them. Others got the part numbers calling the honda parts sites. If you are looking to buy online it will be over $100, then you would send your old part for money back.

Your other options are to buy a remanufactured block from ebay for around 160. I tried this and the used block had worse illumination. I ended up soldering my own and using the ebay blocks's cd changer as mine was bad. Take it to someone that knows how to solder... Or buy a 2005 and over radio, they dont have this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts