Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday had to make a quick lane change, my 2010 EX-L V6 with only 10k on it had a tempoary power loss for about 2-3 seconds where the engine wouldn't respond or felt like it was about to stall (shaking during the moment) and the check engine light flashed quickly for a few times then went out and the car drives fine after that moment.

Since it's still under warrenty, should I have the dealer check this out?

Not sure if there's a fault recorded since the check engine light isn't on now and it happened so quick but I don't want this to happen again esp with the wife driving it.

What do you think it could be?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I'd take it in. If there's a code stored they'll be able to tell you what it is.

·
Registered
851 Posts
ive noticed that my my friends 96 civic, its gata do something with the mass air flow sensor and vacuum lines...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would have the dealer take a look at it...

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Flashing CEL indicates a misfire...I'd suggest you get the code read.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happened to me yesterday. $400 later it supposedly is fixed. New plugs and two coils plus labor. Ridiculous that this is not covered under warranty.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Happened to me yesterday. $400 later it supposedly is fixed. New plugs and two coils plus labor. Ridiculous that this is not covered under warranty.
Yes that is covered, especially w.e is related to the powertrain as that is a 5 year warranty. Dealership robbed you.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Something in your story doesn't add up, or your dealer is an idiot and you should demand your money back and/or report it to Honda Corporate.....

All 8th gen Accords have a 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper and 5yr/60k mile drivetrain warranty STANDARD from new, FULLY TRANSFERABLE.

Unless you are over 60k miles, no matter what year Accord you have the repairs you just stated are covered under warranty. Period. End of story.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It happened while I was out of town travelling for business, argued with the dealer. I'm going to call customer care and work to get my $$$ back. Truly, I just wanted it fixed and to get home. They replaced all plugs and two coils - they had to take the coils off a 2011 on the lot. The whole time I waited at the dealership is when I was on my laptop in the lounge researching the issue myself.

That is where I discovered this forum, have been on one just like it for my Toyota Tacoma for awhile.

Part of me is glad that this is a known issue, but concerns me about long term miles on this Accord, my first 8th gen but 6th Honda overall.

Thanks to all for your feedback.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, since I just found this forum today, I'll be getting $$$ back for my rear brake pad work done at the dealership since I saw the info on the class action settlement!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts