Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought my 07 Accord and so far so good with one exception. I'm intermittently getting a check engine light with the code P0134. I did some searching and it appears that this is an O2 sensor code.
It only seems to appear after idling in cold weather and generally will disappear after a driving and turning the car on/off a few times. First off i wanted to confirm that this is the code for the bank one sensor one O2 sensor. S
econdly, is it even worth replacing? Performance and has mileage doesn't seem effected and i'm wondering if this is a common code to be thrown in cold weather.
Lastly, does anyone have a picture of where the O2 sensor in question is located in the engine bay? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

*bump*

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
First off i wanted to confirm that this is the code for the bank one sensor one O2 sensor. Secondly, is it even worth replacing? Performance and has mileage doesn't seem effected and i'm wondering if this is a common code to be thrown in cold weather.

Lastly, does anyone have a picture of where the O2 sensor in question is located in the engine bay? Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Yes. P0134 should be bank 1 sensor next to firewall. Link below should have info you're looking for.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10915

·
Banned
47 Posts
Hi all. Just bought my 07 Accord and so far so good with one exception. I'm intermittently getting a check engine light with the code P0134. I did some searching and it appears that this is an O2 sensor code.
It only seems to appear after idling in cold weather and generally will disappear after a driving and turning the car on/off a few times. First off i wanted to confirm that this is the code for the bank one sensor one O2 sensor. S
econdly, is it even worth replacing? Performance and has mileage doesn't seem effected and i'm wondering if this is a common code to be thrown in cold weather.

*bump*
Yeah it is pretty common and intermittent so it depends on how much it bothers you. Btw, what gas mileage are you getting cause replacing it could increase your mileage by 1 or 2 if you replace the O2 sensor. And you never now if it will increase performance until you replace it. But I suppose if you are comfortable with your performance now then making it possibly perform at your car's highest level is of little interest and consequence to you.

Btw, you should properly introduce yourself and maybe some pics of your wild ride wouldn't hurt for everyone.

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies. I didn't want to replace the wrong sensor and end up wasting good money without fixing the problem. VtechDynamics, i'm seeing an average of about 19.5-20 mpg with mixed driving. It's one of the reasons i've settled on replacing the sensor instead of just ignoring it.The mileage isn't horrible but from reading postings of average mpg, this seems a little low especially considering the fact that it's not an AT.

I still have two questions though: does anyone have a part # for the o2 sensor? And are there any reliable after market units or should i only go with the actual honda part?

As for pictures of my car, i'd love to but i don't know how to embed them?

I'll give some info on the car though. I bought it about two months ago. It's a one owner car that had relatively high miles (130,0000) so i made sure to roll maintanence into the deal. I had the dealership put in a new timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, serpentine belt and battery. They also put new tires on and fixed a small crack in the front bumper. Since getting the car i had the trans drained and filled with gm synchromesh f/m (best money i've ever spent pn a car) and replaced the shift knob with a very lightly used original i found on ebay. The car has run great so far with this one exception. Hoping to get 250k out of it.

So again, thanks for the responses and thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my last 2 questions!

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate all the replies! I'm going to change it out Saturday afternoon. I'll update on the results and any mpg gains.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
I bought it about two months ago. It's a one owner car that had relatively high miles (130,0000) so i made sure to roll maintanence into the deal. I had the dealership put in a new timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, serpentine belt and battery. They also put new tires on and fixed a small crack in the front bumper. Since getting the car i had the trans drained and filled with gm synchromesh f/m (best money i've ever spent pn a car) and replaced the shift knob with a very lightly used original i found on ebay. The car has run great so far with this one exception. Hoping to get 250k out of it.
I see timing belt, water pump, etc. What I don't see are spark plugs. Hopefully those were done too.

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually called the dealership the previous owener had her car serviced at and found out she had the plugs replaced at 90k. So i figured it wasn't worth it. That's how i found out the timing belt was never done at 105,000. I figured she traded it in instead of shelling out the $ to have the belt done and put new tires on it.

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put in the new a/f sensor today. So far so good. No CEL and car is running fine. Just filled up so i'll update on any mpg gains in about a week.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
The O2 sensor doesn't affect engine operation at all. It's just there to alert the ECU if the pre-cat is functioning properly. AFR sensor is right off the engine block and obviously does affect engine operation.

·
07 Accord Sedan 6 speed
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well finally filled up after a week and unforunately there's not really any difference. Used 12.711 gallons and went 240.01 miles. So total mpg was 18.89. It was all city driving so that's about spot on for the epa estimate but pretty far off of what others on here are reporting. Oh well. At least the idiot light is gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts