Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I am not posting in the right place. but I needed to vent. I took in my 5th Accord, a Basque Red 2013 EX-L V6 with Nav, to the dealer for an oil change Oct. 4 at a little over 20,000 miles. Oct. 10, I started it, and saw a big puff of white smoke, and it felt a little bit rougher at idle speeds. Oct. 12, the check engine light came on. Took it in Oct. 13. They replaced O2 sensor. The next week, CEL again. Replaced 2nd O2 sensor. Oct. 25, CEL came on. I was at the dealer early morning Oct. 27(with all the airbag recall customers.) Now they say it is the computer, so they are replacing the computer. Sigh. :headbash: Never seen this much of the dealer with previous Accords. Anyway, it's still in the shop. I pitched a fit about the loaner Fit, and now I have a Basque Red Touring 2013 Accord for a loaner. I want those headlights. They should give me a stress and aggravation discount, IMHO

·
Registered
547 Posts
OP, make sure you have all the paperwork for these visits. Contact HONDA directly, start a dialogue, so that if this situation is not settled, you will have documentation. You do have a nice loaner, so that should help with the stress & aggravation level... Let us know how you make out with this.

·
Mod it or don't drive it
961 Posts
Dealer replacing O2 sensors when the issue is probably the gas cap seal being defective. If I had a penny every time I read a post about an issue that was solved on a message board faster than a dealer, I'd be one rich mofo....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I think I have asked about the gas cap every visit, and asked were they sure my Accord wasn't in the gas tank recall? My husband says I can't get a new car until I get a promotion in the next year or two :) Meanwhile. I am rather liking the Touring Accord loaner

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I would ask what code is being set, as that is going to give you a clue as to what is happening. An O2 sensor failure is not going to give you a rough idle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Accord is home

I have my Accord back. with a new computer. The car has 21, 312 miles. No warning lights, no issues on 40 mile drive home from dealer. they even washed it. We shall see.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
^^ No dealer shalt touch thou car with their filthy scratchy brush spindles!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts