Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to a mechanic so they can install HIDS for me, they did it without even opening up the hood, it was done through the black plastic across from the front the wheels, after that my check engine light comes on sometimes. Also i noticed the car sometimes would just turn off when i turn it on right after i turn on the hids and one side flickers but barely and only noticeable when in a still position. What do you think is the problem? and whats causing all this crap to happen? (12k HIDS)

I have a 2010 accord LX I4 Sedan

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Your first problem is the 12K HID
Your second problem is you putting it in sedan reflectors

There are many variables that could cause CEL to light up, may or may not relate to the HID. Check the connection on the battery post to make sure they are snug and not shorting out. Bring it to Autozone to read the CEL code. Bring it back to the "mechanic" and have him fix his mess.

Better yet, remove the HID all together and use HIR bulbs instead. Everybody wins, you see more at night, and other drivers are not blinded by your headlights. More info about HIR here http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17141

·
Zzzz
327 Posts
So i went to a mechanic so they can install HIDS for me, they did it without even opening up the hood, it was done through the black plastic across from the front the wheels, after that my check engine light comes on sometimes. Also i noticed the car sometimes would just turn off when i turn it on right after i turn on the hids and one side flickers but barely and only noticeable when in a still position. What do you think is the problem? and whats causing all this crap to happen? (12k HIDS)

you paid for the mechanic to install it so let them figure it out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
OMG 12k? are you f* kidding me? Are you starting a xmas light show?

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
OMG 12k? are you f* kidding me? Are you starting a xmas light show?

LOL :lmao: those must be helllla blue

·
Registered
92 Posts
+1 on the HIR bulbs. much more output than stock. $100 for the entire set from candlepower.com

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts

Sounds like a wiring issue caused by the installer. Could also be a defective or electrically noisy ballast. With cheap Chinese HID kits you get what you pay for.

And 12K? Seriously? Can you see anything at night? I'll bet when the weather's bad you can see next to nothing.

·
niiice!
347 Posts
wow dude.

why didnt u go to an electrical/tint shop instead of a mechanic shop.
^ problem #1

#2 12k? id say you could cutt that in half to 6K and enjoy the output and the nice blue color it gives or maybe even 5K for white/blue.

12K will put alot of people in danger nears your car this winter... heh gl in snow storms.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they arent blue at all they are white

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i went back to the mechanic he told me apparently 2010 accords aren't allowed to have hids because it sends extra electricity back to the car, and all 2010 accords will behave like that is that true??

·
Registered
682 Posts
^yep, the car wasnt designed for it so dont do it. This way, we can have one less blinding car on the road

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
so i went back to the mechanic he told me apparently 2010 accords aren't allowed to have hids because it sends extra electricity back to the car, and all 2010 accords will behave like that is that true??
That is indeed a bs statement.

·
Registered
968 Posts
ya 12k are purple if I remember right. You need to go back to the place that put your hids in and tell them they can have it back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont care about light, I wanted a dark blue color, I live in NYC there is enough light around me..I would of got 20K HIDS if they had those in stock. and every company is different. I thought 12k would be blue they ended up being white..

·
Registered
399 Posts
I dont care about light, I wanted a dark blue color, I live in NYC there is enough light around me..I would of got 20K HIDS if they had those in stock. and every company is different. I thought 12k would be blue they ended up being white..
Err if you don't care about the light it would be cheaper for you to keep the halogen bulb and put a dark blue tint over the housing. 12k bulb is 12k bulb. All the 12k bulb's color is the same.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
New York cops will love pulling you over, I know I would

1 - 20 of 24 Posts