Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a 2010 accord coupe v6 this is the third time it happened but relli bad today my check engine light flashed and i couldnt go pass 3000 rpm. This happened twice before ONLY happens when i take my car out of the car wash. Today the battery lite also came on and it shut off three times. I have a cold air intake does any1 know about this problem or what it could be. I was drivimg normally and it shut off no power an only happens after a car wash plzz help

·
Banned
294 Posts
Hey

I have a 2010 accord coupe v6 this is the third time it happened but relli bad today my check engine light flashed and i couldnt go pass 3000 rpm. This happened twice before ONLY happens when i take my car out of the car wash. Today the battery lite also came on and it shut off three times. I have a cold air intake does any1 know about this problem or what it could be. I was drivimg normally and it shut off no power an only happens after a car wash plzz help
advisory: *non-tech take* Did you wait 2 more times after the first time it happened? It's water, ofcourse if it's happening right after a car wash. You have to get it to the dealer pronto and have them check your air intake area or any area where water is hanging after a car wash. It could be water collecting then getting sprayed around once your take off getting into your air-intake and getting into your engine!! A check engine light does not come on lightly in these cases. *non-tech take*

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I thought and my car now no lights are on but it doesnt go past 5000 rpm mine is automatic if i drive it in gear one it moves perfect but in d2 it doesnt go past 4000 rpm cpuld it also maybe be a transmission

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Try this:

1) Remove negative battery cable
2) Wait 2 minutes or so
3) reconnect negative
4) Disconnect and reconnect MAF sensor

If none of the above work, try cleaning your MAF with some MAFS cleaner.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Hey

Your ecu is in limp mode preventing you from going over 3000rpms and giving more than 50% throttle. This is likely caused from your intake or a possible vacuum leak. Is your blow by hose that connects to your intake firmly connected to that and to the engine case? Also are all hose on the intake firmly connected? Got pictures?

As for the battery light, check your battery terminals to make sure they are securely fastened to the battery. Let us know how that goes and get some pics up. Also cleaning the maf sensor is worth giving a shot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dude your car is in limp mode its protecting it from blowing the motor ..... their is damage to the motor

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is at Honda now I spoke to the advisor who is a friend of mine too and the mechanic they state it is not the intake, it would most likely be an electrical issue. Reason being the battery light also came on as well as the check engine light so just waiting on what they have to say. Will keep you guys posted on what their opinion is on this and what they do to move forward

·
Registered
682 Posts
If this happened twice before, both after an auto car wash, why on earth do you continue taking your car in to an automated car wash??

·
Cell Phone Doc
963 Posts
If this happened twice before, both after an auto car wash, why on earth do you continue taking your car in to an automated car wash??
Probably because it should NOT be happening. Mine's been through automated washes for 3 years with no ill effects.

There's obviously something more serious going on.

But you're right in one aspect. Had it happened to me, I'd have had it over to the dealer the FIRST time it happened, NOT the third.

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got the call from the dealer and they told me everything is perfectly fine with the car. The Mass Air Flow Sensor had some water that went into it which is why it acted that way and since it was -25 C here and I do live in Canada it took a lot longer to thaw up -25 C meaning -13 C. All is fine they cleaned it up and put it back in tested to see how it is and all is good.

THank you for your help all

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I just got the call from the dealer and they told me everything is perfectly fine with the car. The Mass Air Flow Sensor had some water that went into it which is why it acted that way and since it was -25 C here and I do live in Canada it took a lot longer to thaw up -25 C meaning -13 C. All is fine they cleaned it up and put it back in tested to see how it is and all is good.

THank you for your help all
when you get a car wash are you getting attendants spraying washing fluid up under wheel wheels an all around the bottom of vehicle ?
If so they may think there doing good "cleaning" front lower grill area but are really dousing the air filter (which is real bad)of your CAI .

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Yeah, I always shut mine off in the touchless. Yesterday I forgot to take the Bra off when I washed it... they recommend you take it off when you wash it or their is bad weather... which I don't really understand, I thought that was what it was meant to protect the car from. lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
when you get a car wash are you getting attendants spraying washing fluid up under wheel wheels an all around the bottom of vehicle ?
If so they may think there doing good "cleaning" front lower grill area but are really dousing the air filter (which is real bad)of your CAI .
I suspect this as well.

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
+100

this happens alot when they spray up to the engine bay.

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did it cost you anything to have the car looked at by the dealer?
No it didn't because my Intake was installed by the dealer and they are letting it slide for this diagnostic for me

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having the dealer install it was a good move.

Keep good records. There is a chance this isn't fixed.
Yeah I know but I am sure it is fixed since the Service Advisor and the technician both are friends of mine

·
kevster.
217 Posts
It may be fixed, but..... it will happen again. I say reinstall the OEM air box and sell the intake kit. next time you go through a car wash with the OEM air box I bet it will not act up. There is alot to be said about OEM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts