Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check Engine Light, RPM jump, codes for Torque converter shift solenoid and pressure control solenoid.

Hello Friends,

So I am driving my 2004 V6 Honda Accord on Highway 95 in New Jersey, I decide that the car feels a little warm, so I turn on the air conditioning. The air conditioning kicks in and suddenly the Check Engine light comes on(this has NEVER happened in my car before) and a minute later the RPM's jump up and the car begins "jutting". I immediately pull off at the exit ramp and decide to go the the nearest Honda Dealership, which happens to be the same dealership I use for all of my servicing. In fact, I just had the timing belt replaced exactly 3 weeks ago at the same dealership and passed their "multi-point" inspection. Anyways....... After some investigating, the mechanic tells me that he cannot replicate the problem but that 2 codes came up for the torque converter shift solenoid and the pressure control solenoid. He says he checked the transmission fluid and it appears "burnt, with no chunks." He then says that if the light comes back on, it could mean I need a whole new transmission. The cost for a new transmission from the dealership would be $5,100. The trans fluid was flushed at that time. Today, I am driving and the car drives perfectly normal, but the engine light came back on!!! Prior to yesterday, no problems whatsoever, now.....this. Any ideas or similar stories from anyone else on the forum? The car is serviced regularly and has 155,000 miles. Feedback, ideas, and recommendations greatly appreciated! Crossing my fingers that a whole new transmission is not the answer :crying:crying:crying:crying

1 - 1 of 1 Posts