Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this morning I start my car let it warm up like usual 2 mins , and all of a sudden I get a engine light pop up so diagnose it and the code appears to be p0171 bank 2 too lean , its a 2012 accord exl v6 coupe .Any help would be very appreciated !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well yes im still under warranty , just wondering what would be giving me this code ?.

Please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
The code is there take it to the dealership.

For what it's worth, my car had that code pop up before and I cleared it and It stayed clear.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Well yes im still under warranty , just wondering what would be giving me this code ?.

Please help!!!
A 3 second google search reveals this information.

Instead of trying to deal with this yourself by resetting the code please do as others have suggested and take your car in to the dealer. They can diagnose and fix this far more efficiently and effectively than you can.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Might just be a fluke. I'd reset it and see if it comes back. I seriously doubt the ECU would let the engine lean out to the point it causes damage.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Might just be a fluke. I'd reset it and see if it comes back. I seriously doubt the ECU would let the engine lean out to the point it causes damage.
He already tried resetting it :)

·
4,062 Posts
He already tried resetting it :)
Ooops, page dn cut that post off. In that case, reinstall the stock intake and reset the code. The dealership is going to want you (him) to do that anyways, because otherwise they'll go straight to blaming the aftermarket part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way its a takeda sri that I have installed never had a problem and I only have 30 000 kms !

·
4,062 Posts
By the way its a takeda sri that I have installed never had a problem and I only have 30 000 kms !
Also try disconnecting your negative battery terminal for a minute and reconnecting it. Will reset whatever driving style / efficiency stuff it learned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok check engine light is off dealer said it was actually my intake , so I installed a pre filter cover for my takeda air filter problem solved !!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts