Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The computer in my 2010 accord sedan is showing " Check fuel cap". This happens after car was parking in a public parking lot for about 2 hrs. I checked fuel cap. Open it and close it again. The message is still there. Is this something I should take it to dealer right away?? Or I can wait couple weeks when I do oil change? I am pretty sure fuel cap and door is closed.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've had this happen too...ialmost took it to the dealer..but then my dad took it out gave it a good shakey shake, then replaced it with several clicks ...drove off and it's gone....thank goodness...

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
This happened to me a couple of days ago and it freaked me out, but i remember reading a thread a while back just like this one. Was about to take it straight to the dealer when it first showed up since it on the way home. :lmao: SO i just replaced the cap and drove it around within a couple of hours it went away.:dunno: :lmao:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, The warning went away at noon after I opened the cap and closed it again with the click 3 times this morning. Thank you all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts