Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Accord EXL 3.5 V6 2009
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, what They think??? Like it??

i installed one pair of headlight and one pair of tail light with led technology buyed on ebay from china.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,014 Posts
Looks great! It eliminates the ugly round driving lights on the front. Good job!

Reactions: alessander_Brazil

·
VCM DELETE
686 Posts
They look good but I question as to how long they will work,As previous poster said, hang onto the Originals just incase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Enjoy while they last. Hope you did not throw away the factory lights.
I have the originals in safe place... anything i change it back!

They look good but I question as to how long they will work,As previous poster said, hang onto the Originals just incase.
Exactly... i hope that it Works a long time.... but it’s made in china :/

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,486 Posts
Enjoy while they last. Hope you did not throw away the factory lights.
More important is how well they function. If Honda, who spends billions a year on R&D, can only manage to give the Accord marginal quality OEM LED reflector headlights, then I hate to think how poor these are.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I would be more concerned with how the car's computer will react. Changing one set of light with another of same or similar resistance is not a big deal, but when incandescent bulbs are swapped for leds, which consume a lot less energy, that significant change in load confuses the computer, then weird lights start to come on the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More important is how well they function. If Honda, who spends billions a year on R&D, can only manage to give the Accord marginal quality OEM LED reflector headlights, then I hate to think how poor these are.
Friend i agree with you... but how the factory does not sell these parts for ours cars... we need to go find another way!

about the unit; it are working very well, great illumination, have focus, i only pray toit have a long life!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the LED lights change colors? Looking to get some new lights to compliment the batman theme I have going for my car.

Nice accord by the way.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,580 Posts
I would be more concerned with how the car's computer will react. Changing one set of light with another of same or similar resistance is not a big deal, but when incandescent bulbs are swapped for leds, which consume a lot less energy, that significant change in load confuses the computer, then weird lights start to come on the dash.
Not in a Honda. It’s not a German car with headlight out notifications.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
136 Posts
I swapped out all the standard interior bulbs in my 2019 with LEDs, have the OEM LED puddle lights, added 2 pairs (front and rear) of aftermarket interior footwell LED lights, then swapped out the 2 front and 1 rear roof LEDs with larger/brighter LED units, added an LED bulb to the trunk light (replaced the incandescent bulb with an LED) and everything was working fine until I decided to change the trunk LED to a brighter one (this one -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000274831224.html )

It's brighter than what was in there but only worked consistently for the first few minutes. Then, over the next couple of days, I would notice it working only intermittently. Then the other day ALL my interior lighting, including the puddle lights, went kaput. Removing it and going back one step to the simple trunk light LED bulb swap got everything working again.

At this point, I don't know if it's just that particular unit that's no Bueno and caused everything to crap out OR if that (on top of all the other lighting mods) was the straw that broke the camel's back... I ended up trashing the LED units/electronics on that light and saving the housing, board, and two prong connectors to try out a different trunk light (long thin multiple LED strip)...

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,580 Posts
Just change the bulb in your trunk light housing with an LED; you don’t need an entire unit with housing. I have various LEDs swapped in the car with no issues. More load causes issues, not less.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
136 Posts
Just change the bulb in your trunk light housing with an LED; you don’t need an entire unit with housing. I have various LEDs swapped in the car with no issues. More load causes issues, not less.
I did that to begin with but I was aiming for more light and it was under $5 so I thought I'd give it a shot... I also thought that the LEDs would provide less load than incandescent and going over wouldn't be an issue but something made it not work out...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
... More load causes issues, not less.
More load causes issues that are easy to diagnose and straightforward to fix. Less load, when it is significantly less as is in case of incandescent vs led when the load is so small it does not even register, causes issues that may seem irrelevant at first and difficult to diagnose. For example there is a phenomenon in motorcycles called 4-way blink problem. This is a well documented common issue. Late model cars have much more complicated electronics so it will be a while for LED replacement issues to be researched and cataloged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts