Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have looked around Google and this website and wasn't able to find much with what I am experiencing. But I had a wreck in Nov 2013 and my front right was pretty messed up and I ended up getting the car repaired. Ever since the car got repaired, I have had the D light blinking and the Brake, ABS, VSA Lights stay on. After I got the car back I went to the Honda dealership about 5 times. They couldn't figure out anything. Their computer wasn't telling them ANYTHING when it plugged into my car. They checked all fuses and everything. I've drove the car for 10,000 miles since. They all just keep telling me that the car is drive-able but the lights are still on. We even replaced the ABS module since that was the site of the wreck. There isn't much there either way. The engine nor transmission were moved. What I have recently been looking into is maybe its the ECU? I mean the ECU is on the side of the impact so is there a possibility that the constant lights are coming cause of it? I'd appreciate any help on this!

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
it's possible some wires touched from the wreck and caused and issue with the ecu.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The D light flashing is a transmission issue, the other lights come one because of the transmission issue. The computer turns off the ABS and VSA when there are any other issues. What does the transmission fluid look like, and is the level correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The D light flashing is a transmission issue, the other lights come one because of the transmission issue. The computer turns off the ABS and VSA when there are any other issues. What does the transmission fluid look like, and is the level correct?
yes the transmission fluid is put in to the correct level. honda even verified it wasn't anything related with the transmission nor its fluid.

it's possible some wires touched from the wreck and caused and issue with the ecu.
wouldnt that call for a faulty ecu?

·
Registered
455 Posts
if he has a check engine light but no codes can be detected, sounds like a faulty ecu right?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Well, if this issue has been happening since the repair and you can document that, than you need to involve your insurance company and demand they help getting this repaired as most insurance companies guarantee the repair. You have to insist that the dealership repair the car, and they keep it as long as they need to repair it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if he has a check engine light but no codes can be detected, sounds like a faulty ecu right?
i actually dont have the engine light. i pass inspection everytime

Well, if this issue has been happening since the repair and you can document that, than you need to involve your insurance company and demand they help getting this repaired as most insurance companies guarantee the repair. You have to insist that the dealership repair the car, and they keep it as long as they need to repair it.
it was salvaged and i bought from insurance and got it repaired from third party

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The ECM is on the drivers side of the car, to the right of the engine just behind the battery. So it is on the opposite side of the impact. You can get them online cheap from salvage operators.

·
Registered
455 Posts
well crap I have no idea how that got put in my head :( SORRY ! I'm gonna go back to my corner now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts