Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you antichrome police/plastidip snorting junkies can leave this thread. :D

In Japan, Thailand, Australia and other markets, Honda offers this chrome lower door trim accessory for a perhaps more luxurious look. I think it can be a good look if VIP/luxury is what you are going for with your Accord.

Some may say that there is already a lot of chrome on the exterior, which is true to a point depending on how you feel about chrome. If I got this piece I would likely black out the chrome door trim to offset the amount of chrome which is what some OEMs do.

Just wanted anyone who is interested to know that it is available now at a much better price than OEM ($400 + shipping from overseas) at only $85 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-Side...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7735464b&vxp=mtr

Here's what it looks like on the car....

·
Registered
144 Posts
:puke:

/ Thread

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks for the laugh, only thing this butt ugly car needs is Fur around the mirror to complete the look-->:lmao::joker::lmao:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Awesome! It looks very Lexus'esque . Thanks for sharing On2!

·
Registered
97 Posts
lol, i cant believe they didn't wipe down the car before applying (in the link).

·
Registered
120 Posts
All of you antichrome police/plastidip snorting junkies can leave this thread. :D

In Japan, Thailand, Australia and other markets, Honda offers this chrome lower door trim accessory for a perhaps more luxurious look. I think it can be a good look if VIP/luxury is what you are going for with your Accord.

Some may say that there is already a lot of chrome on the exterior, which is true to a point depending on how you feel about chrome. If I got this piece I would likely black out the chrome door trim to offset the amount of chrome which is what some OEMs do.

Just wanted anyone who is interested to know that it is available now at a much better price than OEM ($400 + shipping from overseas) at only $85 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-Side...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7735464b&vxp=mtr

Here's what it looks like on the car....

I kind of like this. I'm no plasti-dip fanboy, I enjoy more of the Lexus look. Have you or anyone else pulled the trigger on these? I'd be interested to see some more pictures.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The chrome looks ok, the plastic window visors makes the car look funny. Chrome yes, plastic visors no.

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Wait a min, more chrome? You mean we're not suppose to plastic dip every single peice of chrome, completely debage, buy every last aftermarket accessory that is black, and throw on a set of all black rims so that the car can be "murdered" out? I thought that was the cool thing?!

:lmao:

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait a min, more chrome? You mean we're not suppose to plastic dip every single peice of chrome, completely debage, buy every last aftermarket accessory that is black, and throw on a set of all black rims so that the car can be "murdered" out? I thought that was the cool thing?!

:lmao:
Yeah. I'm not a 'cool kid'.

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Window visors
Hood deflector
Splash guards
Rear window roof spoiler
Sun roof deflector
Door sills
Door molding
Side mirror cover
Licence plate cover
Door edge guard trim
Smoked tail light housings
Smoked head lamp housings

I want to see a pic of a car that has all this accessory shit on it at the same time. I need a good laugh.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
They look okay, but not something I would do.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like some chrome. tasteful and elegant. b pillars too much, landing strip ok!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are all of the chrome pieces on the Accord made of ABS plastic with a chrome coating? I'd rather not buy something that doesn't match the quality of the rest of the car.

Also, is there a link to an OEM version of the trim?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts