Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Sport, but those two chrome pieces bounce light into my face & eyes a LOT, driving me crazy when trying to see while driving. Anyone know if all models use the same pieces, or if any aftermarket ones exist? Would love to find some in "carbon fiber" look or any other dark matching material. I should think painting them wouldn't work very well, nor would electrician's tape look too sexy.:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...Googled it & this appears to be a great solution. Will now just have to find out how best to pull off the trim that needs wrapping.
cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Love my Sport, but those two chrome pieces bounce light into my face & eyes a LOT, driving me crazy when trying to see while driving. Anyone know if all models use the same pieces, or if any aftermarket ones exist? Would love to find some in "carbon fiber" look or any other dark matching material. I should think painting them wouldn't work very well, nor would electrician's tape look too sexy.:)
I have not had any reflections in my eyes from the chrome pieces on the console and we have only had a couple of cloudy days since I bought the car in late June. I have tinted windows which may explain why I have no reflection issues. If that's the case, I would rather tint my windows than to try to dull the chrome pieces.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
I have not had any reflections in my eyes from the chrome pieces on the console and we have only had a couple of cloudy days since I bought the car in late June. I have tinted windows which may explain why I have no reflection issues. If that's the case, I would rather tint my windows than to try to dull the chrome pieces.
It's the light coming through your windshield that causes the blindness at the right time of the day at the right angle.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
It's the light coming through your windshield that causes the blindness at the right time of the day at the right angle.
I must not have ever driven the car at that time of day at that angle yet.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
I must not have ever driven the car at that time of day at that angle yet.
Lucky you.

It may not sound like a big issue, but for some us who drive the same route the same time of the day, everyday, it becomes a big safety issue.

Personally, I've only experienced it a handful of times, but even at that I want to get rid of that chrome because in those few moments, you get distracted, well blinded rather.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Lucky you.

It may not sound like a big issue, but for some us who drive the same route the same time of the day, everyday, it becomes a big safety issue.

Personally, I've only experienced it a handful of times, but even at that I want to get rid of that chrome because in those few moments, you get distracted, well blinded rather.
Luckily day light savings time will end shortly and that should help change the angle of the sun with your windshield. Do you have a Coupe or a Sedan. I think the windshields are mounted at a different angle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't do mine due to the reflection the others are experiencing. I just did it because I prefer the gloss black over the chrome look. Just not a big fan of chrome.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I assume that the individual chrome trim rings don't snap out individually, but are a part of the main console assy, hence the need to take the whole thing out to be able to work on it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.