Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering has anybody tried to take off the chrome trim from the windows and front end of the car? If you have how?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was just wondering has anybody tried to take off the chrome trim from the windows and front end of the car? If you have how?
Another silly post. You should have purchased a 1987 Civic DX. This dechroming is getting ridiculous.:nuts: Buy a new car and strip it or paint over how very stupid.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Every person wont like the car EXACTLY how it sits.....that's quite obvious by how many DIY's, mods, etc are out there for every car. I believe people have done this by using things like Plasti-dip, paint or something like 3m di-noc (wrapping).

Do a search first before posting, you'll likely find some threads on it

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Another silly post. You should have purchased a 1987 Civic DX. This dechroming is getting ridiculous.:nuts: Buy a new car and strip it or paint over how very stupid.
Another Silly post, from Mr. Ridiculous, I get it, you don't like to MOD your car and anyone who does is ridiculous, according to you.

Get over it, just because YOU like Chrome + being a CLONE, doesn't mean changing to Black or any other color is wrong.

So, Please stop crapping on everyone who has the desire to make the car they own, one they are happy with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is what a lot of people do. If you don't like the way it turns out you can just peel it off. The Plasti-dip is only like $6 a can at Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have mine wrapped in glossy black, it looks great. I also did my door handles and trunk chrome strip.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I have mine wrapped in glossy black, it looks great. I also did my door handles and trunk chrome strip.
Do you mind posting what product you used (preferably with a link of where to buy)?

Also, a DIY or something of that nature would be cool. Kinda hard now since it's done though..unless you took pics along the way lol. Post some pics!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Every person wont like the car EXACTLY how it sits.....that's quite obvious by how many DIY's, mods, etc are out there for every car. I believe people have done this by using things like Plasti-dip, paint or something like 3m di-noc (wrapping).

Do a search first before posting, you'll likely find some threads on it
I've searched before. Lots of people have done it, but no DIY post or tutorials. I attempted doing it with it on it, and it's just a lot of trouble. Now if we did have instructions to remove it, that be great. That would make this whole process 100x easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts