Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reverse Gear
57 Posts
It's easy but a bit time consuming...

You have to take out the trim around the shifter and the front part of your console using a flat head screwdriver. I would use a paper towel or some tape so you don't scratch anything.

This is the hard part IMO: you have to pull out the trim piece that's directly underneath your radio. Carefully pop out the sides of the trim and pull it towards you. It'll take a bit before the piece will actually pop out. It's only held in place by some tabs.

After that, beneath the center console trim where you removed earlier, there are going to be two screws. Remove those screws and you should be able to have access to your power outlet after lifting up the bottom piece.

When you're done, just do everything in the reverse order. Take your time removing the trim pieces so you don't break and tabs or scratch anything with your screwdriver.

Hope that helps. I'll try to find the DIY with pictures that I used when I was doing this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that is great help didnt know how the side panels came off around gear shift might try this weekend will look at maybe buying a new one know anything about fog lights

·
Reverse Gear
57 Posts
I just found this thread that has pictures to help you out.

As for fogs, I bought my kit aftermarket from Japan. Haha. I had a shop install them for me since I'm clueless when it comes to wiring. You can definitely find some on Ebay or online Honda stores.

You might want to look into running 01-03 Civic fogs. They're a popular alternative to the OEM circle ones but they require some modifications to fit in the grill properly

·
Second gear slammer!
310 Posts
i have a accord lx not a civic lol
its pretty much the same procedure, ive done this to install a light in my pocket tray on the bottom, and to change my shift boot fairly quick procedure, ive also tapped into the cig lighter wires for hardwiring a radar detector, there is a small sleeve which retains the plug in just twist it and it should tighten your cig lighter plug right up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this issue was bugging me for so long

i can't believe how easy it was to fix. For about a year i had my aux. outlet loose. My GPS was going on and off, my phone charges needed to be replugged and wiggled. No more!!!

It took me about 5 minutes. My Accord is stick so your experience might vary.

I didn't even need to use flat driver. Just pulled the part around shifter and e-brake with my fingers. It opened access to two (+) screws that hold tray&outlet piece in place. Unscrew.

Then pulled out bigger panel from under the radio. That allowed me to pull out tray&outlet panel completely, exposing back of the outlet.

All it needed for a fix just to screw outlet cover back on the outlet assembly.
SUPER EASY.

·
Second gear slammer!
310 Posts
i can't believe how easy it was to fix. For about a year i had my aux. outlet loose. My GPS was going on and off, my phone charges needed to be replugged and wiggled. No more!!!

It took me about 5 minutes. My Accord is stick so your experience might vary.

I didn't even need to use flat driver. Just pulled the part around shifter and e-brake with my fingers. It opened access to two (+) screws that hold tray&outlet piece in place. Unscrew.

Then pulled out bigger panel from under the radio. That allowed me to pull out tray&outlet panel completely, exposing back of the outlet.

All it needed for a fix just to screw outlet cover back on the outlet assembly.
SUPER EASY.
+1:thmsup:

·
Reverse Gear
57 Posts
i have a accord lx not a civic lol
I know you do. I said it was another choice...

You might want to look into running 01-03 Civic fogs. They're a popular alternative to the OEM circle ones but they require some modifications to fit in the grill properly
Dealing with a manual is definitely easier, less trim to deal with lol. The panel underneath my headunit did NOT want to come out at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am waiting for the weather to be nice before i tackle it with my automatic i got a feeling wont be as easy as yours was .
all i need to do is see if the nut that tighten it down is easy to get to i need to tighten it up it works fine but like yours its really loose dont want it to ground out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts