Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd make a little mini build thread as I go to track my mods...I'll start with the background info: I had a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport and drive 75-100 miles/day and am looking to buy a house with my wife and newborn, so the truck had to go and I needed a car that I would own outright and get good mileage...I was looking at Legacy GT's (don't care too much for boxer engines but was interested in a turbo), TL's and V6 6spd Accords. I couldn't find any that I was happy with in that price range when I came upon my I4 5MT and after the test drive I was very please with how much lighter on its feet it felt than a V6 6MT or any of the others, the car was CLEAN and the price was right.

2006 Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT in Alabaster Silver Metallic with Black Leather bought with 87,000 miles on the clock.

Mods Completed:
-20% tint all around.
-BT35-HON installed.
-Sony 6.5" and Sound Ordnance 6x9 speakers installed.

Future Mods:
-Remove rubber bumper pieces from wheel wells and door edges.
-Intake resonator delete.
-Debadge.
-Inspire fog lights install (in hand, need to install).
-HIR low beam bulb install.
-OEM lip spoiler install.
-Hybrid style taillight lense.
-100k plugs, belts, fluids, etc. maintenance.
-Pick up a set of Honda/Acura wheels in 17" or 18" if a good deal lands in my lap.
-Retrofit if I am brave enough and the wife approves me buying another set of stock headlights if I blow it.
-Detail, Maintain, Enjoy!

Tacoma I traded in:

Pics of the day I brought it home:

BT35-HON Install:

Sony 6.5" and Sound Ordnance 6x9 speaker install:

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gunmetal A-Spec wheels and OEM lip spoiler added...

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Nice!

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
590 Posts
I like it. That wheel gap is tremendous though, eh like my car.
Any plans on lowering it?

·
'03 E39 Sport - 5 Spd
1,424 Posts
At least he could hide under the car if.. some scenario was presented where he needed to hide under it :D
I cant even stick my head under mine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
how do you like the bt-35 hon? Can you give a review on it. The reviews on amazon basically say its sh!t because of its weak bluetooth chip.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

I like it. That wheel gap is tremendous though, eh like my car.
Any plans on lowering it?
Nope. I admit it would look nicer a little lower but I deal with a steep/sharply crested driveway so I have no interest in lowering...

At least he could hide under the car if.. some scenario was presented where he needed to hide under it :D
I cant even stick my head under mine.
Or maybe this is why I won't lower it...

how do you like the bt-35 hon? Can you give a review on it. The reviews on amazon basically say its sh!t because of its weak bluetooth chip.
I have had no issues at all...never had connection issues and have had no functionality issues...

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First oil change...

·
6 Speed
50 Posts
I like how this fella has good taste! Love the tacomas! My old man has an 06 4 door long box, great truck. And nice accord man. I'll be looking forward to be seeing your progress!

·
Missing my ED7
40 Posts
Nice! I was basically in the exact same situation as you, and looked at the exact same cars (plus an outback xt and forester xt) and ended up with the same car you did with another few miles on the odometer plus the rare and beautiful trunk spoiler..(smh)
I've also got a very similar list of mods planned so I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lower it, and just approach the driveway at an angle :D
I already have to come at a severe angle... it's just not in the cards logically or financially (wife, kid and house take care of that)...

do you have android or iphone. On another thread they were saying iphones seem to work fine but androids had a problem
iPhone.

I like how this fella has good taste! Love the tacomas! My old man has an 06 4 door long box, great truck. And nice accord man. I'll be looking forward to be seeing your progress!
Thanks, I still daydream about the Tacoma, I had it almost exactly how I wanted it... I too started life with a '96 Accord... LX sedan, automatic, factory trunk spoiler, green with green interior...I tried for many years when I was young and could not kill that thing!

Nice! I was basically in the exact same situation as you, and looked at the exact same cars (plus an outback xt and forester xt) and ended up with the same car you did with another few miles on the odometer plus the rare and beautiful trunk spoiler..(smh)
I've also got a very similar list of mods planned so I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread.
Thank you

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed Hybrid or JDM Inspire taillights...

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
You should run the A pillar wire correctly. Remove the cover and zip tie it down with the other cables. These airbags are very precise. If there is something getting in its way during a crash, it might not perform as it should.

Look at this Kia below, the side curtain was blocked by the pillar cover and never got to fire. Don't ever get in a Kia :wave:

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You should run the A pillar wire correctly. Remove the cover and zip tie it down with the other cables. These airbags are very precise. If there is something getting in its way during a crash, it might not perform as it should.

Look at this Kia below, the side curtain was blocked by the pillar cover and never got to fire. Don't ever get in a Kia :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrHYl9D5CTI
Its tucked in 1/4" from the gap, just out of sight. It never goes farther down the A-pillar than the roof panel...definitely not in a position to interfere with the airbag...I definitely appreciate the concern and urge other Owner's to be mindful of these sort of things, it cannot be repeated enough.

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
I definitely appreciate the concern and urge other Owner's to be mindful of these sort of things, it cannot be repeated enough.
I'm big on safety these days. Spent too much time watching Russian car cam videos :) I've seen too many tutorials on youtube where they just tucked it behind the A pillar without thinking of the consequences.

Also, it was a good idea to not remove the shift knob if not needed. I took the knob out one too many times and the shift boot clip broke.

Here is the part number if you want to upgrade that stock knob to leather. 08U92-SDA-100A.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Leather-Shift-Knob-MT-Accord-Sedan__08U92-SDA-100A.aspx

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Winter setup:

Went over 100,000 miles. I actually pulled onto the shoulder of a 55 mph road to safely take this picture.

And Inspire fog lights install. I used the wire harness supplied with the fog lights and spliced the "turn on" wire into the low beam positive. I haven't turned a set of fog lights off in years so this was my preferred install. I finished at 3 AM, gotta love late night car projects...

·
I <3 My Honda
3,916 Posts
bow-chika-bow-wow :naughty:

...now where's me dayum crabcakes!? :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts