Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Two words - "Cinto's CRABCAKES" ... done son !!!
Haha, my grandmother does have a great recipe but I'm not a cook. My limits occur when I leave the grill and try to use the oven/stove. I think baking my headlights was more successful than any other attempt to use the oven.

Much respect to a beautiful car. Looks better than an Inspire and has gorgeous flowing lines. Mods are pieced together in a tight, classy way I'm a big fan of the deck lid on the sedan.
Thanks Mr. White. I've grown out of the flashy, in your face mods but I still like having custom touches so I tend to go OEM/JDM for my style modifications. These sure are great looking cars!

It can still be budget if you know where to look. Do it.
I'll keep my eyes out and see if I can find a good deal. Too many people think a used set is worth 90% of what they paid. I've always bought used suspension that has low miles for 50% or less of the initial price.

· Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts
That's going to be tough. New, I've seen around $1700. If you're willing to do some fabrication, you can save a couple hundred.

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That's going to be tough. New, I've seen around $1700. If you're willing to do some fabrication, you can save a couple hundred.
My thought is to get rid of the curb and create a much gentler ramp into the driveway (no HOA and one of the neighbors has it and it looks like a dream compared to scraping bumpers). After that I'll see what's available and price points and go from there. I have to invest in the camber correcting control arms because I need my alignment to be in spec (drive way to many miles to burn through tires). I'd prefer something with adjustability (my spell check is telling me that isn't a real word? Maybe I'm dumb) so I can raise the car to stock height in the winter and lower during the summer.

· Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts
The drastic change between driveway and street is something I would look into. Nobody likes speed bumps. As for your adjustability (I get the squiggly lines for that word too. Webster is slipping up with his dictionary), I'd look into the ingalls/ j-power arms. Set your alignment for drive height and call it good. Airing down and airing up won't alter your alignment so long as you get to your drive height.

· I <3 My Honda
3,918 Posts
Where are you finding a complete air suspension for $1,700, Z?? :dunno: Brand new kits are ~$4-5k (air struts, compressor, lines, valves, etc.) and used usually goes for around $2,200-2,500 (for a good set)

· Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts
Just need to know where to look dude. Also need to know what else is compatible. :thmsup:

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Just need to know where to look dude. Also need to know what else is compatible. :thmsup:
Where are you finding a complete air suspension for $1,700, Z?? :dunno: Brand new kits are ~$4-5k (air struts, compressor, lines, valves, etc.) and used usually goes for around $2,200-2,500 (for a good set)
Bro, I think you just got told!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

· I <3 My Honda
3,918 Posts
I've been lookin' to go air and shopping different systems for a while...hook a brotha up, punk haha

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes, that was to Ben lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

· Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Touched up the roof rack and mounted for its permanent installation... I did end up remounting the fairing because of the noise.

Mounted summer wheels (18" A-specs with new Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position tires in 235/40R18)

Full detail using:

-Dawn soap
-Sonax wheel cleaner (incredible product, you must add this to your arsenal)
-Meguiars clay bar
-Meguiars Ultimate Compound (a little disappointed here, used my Griot's DA on 5 w/ 2 passes on each spot and it didn't even remove the swirl marks)
-Optimum Opti-Seal
-Collinite 845
-Mother's Reflections Wax on wheels and door jambs
-Black Magic tire shine
-Poor Boy's interior detailer on dash/plastic trim
-Mother's Reflections leather care
-Diamondite window cleaner

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Got some rain the other day, wanted to post a beading picture. Efforts were well worth it!

· Registered
737 Posts
Your car looks fantastic Cinto! :thmsup::yes:

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So back in May a pothole claimed 2 of the A-spec wheels after our rough winter...

I didn't glue the shrouds onto the projectors and they both fell off, so took the headlights apart to glue the shroud on...

Restored the headlights using the Sylvannia kit...

Gave the old girl and oil change using M1 High Mileage...

And finally met up with Danny (StrikingAccord) and bought his TL-S wheels.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.