Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Civic SI wheels on the 8th gen Accord? My buddy is getting rid of his SI wheels and I'm wondering how they might look. These are the ones I am talking about:

Thanks!

Or if anyone's particularly good with Photoshop and can put something together quickly.. :banana:

·
NJDR
862 Posts
step 1) take your wheels off
step 2) put those wheels on
step 3) look at it and decide if you like it or not

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
step 1) take your wheels off
step 2) put those wheels on
step 3) look at it and decide if you like it or not
I was just seeing if anyone had done this setup before and had any pictures that I could look at first before I went ahead and did that. Besides, he doesn't have tires mounted on those rims yet either.

They are going to look pretty small.
I'm still on the stock 16s right now and they don't look too small in my opinion. I think 17s would be just right.

Here you go boss, after a two second search I found the answer you're looking for. Just typing in 'si wheels on 08 Accord', in the google search engine yields much better results than the search engine on the forum I almost never use it.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38115
Perfect, that's exactly what I needed.. thanks a lot! I dunno what I think about the powder coating though, but I love the look in that first picture.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Does the wheels come with tires? Keep in mind the Civic runs on 215/45 vs Accord's 225/50.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the wheels aren't gonna come with the tires. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's gonna be a problem mounting 225/50 on these wheels.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
You can mount 225/50 on a 17X7. It will have more rubber on the side to protect the wheels.

That depends on you too. Do you like the look of more wheel? Or some rubber?

215/45 looks great on a Civic. The Accord is a bigger car with bigger wheel opening.

Wife just got crub rash on my wheels, so you know where I'm coming from. Since I'm riding OEM 17X7.5, I would go 235/50 next time.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
its going to look same as a EX model , size wise but with new wheels as 225/5017 is correct size .
not sure what accord EX 17" wheel width is it might be wider but 215>225 should not be a issue .

OP has LX so its 16" stock. this would be upgrade over that , you could get 08-11 EX wheels to, it depends on what you want .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts