Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im looking for headers for Baby now. Ive got the speed bug after a few drives on the new TSX IM. So when I check out EBay they have a few different brands that say they are compatible with Acura and Accord 2.4L ; then they use these terms CL9 and JDM, so I just get lost wondering if I can purchase these headers and they will work with my vehicle?
Can anyone elaborate on these terms?
Also whats the biggest difference between K24a2 and K24a4?
Any suggestions on which of these to purchase since Im not trying to spend hundreds, rather maybe 100-150?
Are most TSX parts fully compatible with Accord as long as its the same engine size?
I know Im still a noob but Im ready to turn this girl into a woman, :banana: I want whats best for my accord and I think the best would be MORE POWER * tim taylor*

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should try and grab this fellow's TSX header/cat combo !
On the one hand, I'd like to buy new and non-worn/rusted...on the other hand I noticed in his t price ad explanation of purchase price, the model fit was for Acura 04-08 TSX CL9, so that kind of answers a question that CL9 is just another variation of TSX, kinda like EX, DX, and such. Right?

·
Registered
289 Posts
That would be my guess too..but only cause i just googled acura cl9 and images were all tsx's
And just typed cl9 and got the samething

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
And for the engine codes ;

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/1402_k_series_engine_family_breakdown/

On the one hand, I'd like to buy new and non-worn/rusted...
That's nothing that 10 minutes of sanding, and some high temp paint won't fix. That's a $600 header, and $200 cat - that's already been shortened by the 2" to fit an Accord ...

FWIW - I would have bought this off him already, but he wont ship it this far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Ike and Bobbo for the good reading, I bookmarked those pages so I can always go back and read up some more.
I found a few OBX headers on EBay and Amazon like you were speaking of the other dday Bobbo. You guys don't go buying them all, leave me one.
So the question is if these headers fit on a TSX CL9, and JDM accord and technically mine is a CM5, but are made for 2.4L engine, I should have no problem getting this to fit except for the complimentary 2"? :thmsup: :thumbsdow. :dunno:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Wikipedia is a wonderful thing and I quote," The JDM Accord is also exported to North America and Canada, where it is sold as the Acura TSX." End quote.
So yes, in answer to my question as long as I'm dealing in the right size engine, which the TSX is a 2.4L and mine is as well...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get the TSX IM on there, HELLO?! :banana: :lmao:
Thanks for your patience everybody, learnin stuff is a fun little adventure for me sometimes.
Anyone have anymore input about more TSX mods I wouldn't mind hearing them, like would it bbe possible to swap all the internals and head onto my car to get the full 200hp the tsx already boasts?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
So the question is if these headers fit on a TSX CL9, and JDM accord and technically mine is a CM5, but are made for 2.4L engine, I should have no problem getting this to fit except for the complimentary 2"?
I don't have the experience (haven't ever researched this) with the subtle differences between a header made specifically for a CM5 chassis, versus a CL9 chassis (two different CHASSIS codes, two different ENGINE codes as well) - so I don't feel comfortable offering a definitive, except to say that minor fabrication WILL BE REQUIRED, and I'm guessing that fabricated adjustment was done to the Magnaflow cat in the "classified" thread I posted in my earlier response.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have the experience (haven't ever researched this) with the subtle differences between a header made specifically for a CM5 chassis, versus a CL9 chassis (two different CHASSIS codes, two different ENGINE codes as well) - so I don't feel comfortable offering a definitive, except to say that minor fabrication WILL BE REQUIRED, and I'm guessing that fabricated adjustment was done to the Magnaflow cat in the "classified" thread I posted in my earlier response.
You have a good point sir. I have noticed that most anyone I have found speaking on forums about buying TSX headers for their Accords( different chassis each time) has spoken about an 02 wire extension and 2" being chopped to accommodate their new headers. Several threads already on DA saying that is the only neccessity, I just hadn't found anyone talking about engines or chassis. But it appears as though as long as it is a CL9 04-08 TSX header for 7th Gen Accord it should be GrAVyYy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts