Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Speed CVT
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 7 months of ownership with around 8,500 miles on the odometer.
Recently when Im driving at a really low speed (such backing up or exiting driveway) when i step on the brake i heard clacking noise from my brake it sounds like i take the pad and hit it on the disc, it only happened sometimes. I honestly rarely deals with brakes i usually changes the brake pad whenever my mechanic suggest me to. could it be my pad is thinning? i think i read somewhere before in the forum, one member has to replace his pads on 10K miles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did the clacking die down after a moment? So far this sounds like the Antilock Brake System engaging, though the conditions don't sound like they warranted it.

If it happens again, inspect your dash to see if the ABS light comes on. If so, then that's it -- but if you're driving on completely dry concrete and not braking like a maniac, I would suspect the sensors that trigger the ABS might be bad (I don't know a lot about these systems, so someone may have a more enlightening diagnosis).

·
Registered
428 Posts
about 7 months of ownership with around 8,500 miles on the odometer.
Recently when Im driving at a really low speed (such backing up or exiting driveway) when i step on the brake i heard clacking noise from my brake it sounds like i take the pad and hit it on the disc, it only happened sometimes. I honestly rarely deals with brakes i usually changes the brake pad whenever my mechanic suggest me to. could it be my pad is thinning? i think i read somewhere before in the forum, one member has to replace his pads on 10K miles.
Sounds like the shims on the front pads have moved. There is a TSB for that problem, Honda has replacement shims that will fix that issue.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
to me it sounds like a characteristic, normal noise that occurs when braking for the first time after a change in direction.

the noise is the brake pads shifting up and down in their brackets -a sign nothing is binding, that's for sure.

the noise may not occur if you brake soft enough after a change in direction.

the shims mentioned would cause a scratching noise or screeching noise when turning, not clanking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts