Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys use the clean the carpets in the car? i already have the all season floor mats but (mostly on the drivers seat) the carpet is still dirty around the gas pedal and dead pedal... i got a bottle of "blue coral" or something like that.. is that any good?

·
Motor City
707 Posts
what do you guys use the clean the carpets in the car? i already have the all season floor mats but (mostly on the drivers seat) the carpet is still dirty around the gas pedal and dead pedal... i got a bottle of "blue coral" or something like that.. is that any good?
Try a steam vacuum, works perfectly for me. I use it on all 3 of my cars its $100 but totally worth it in the long run. The carpet will stay a little wet because of the steam but should dry up on a warm day, and wont even be a problem if you have the mats.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.. thanks, but any cheaper alternatives? haha

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
Buy Folex carpet cleaner at Wal Mart and use a scrub brush. Vacuum both before & after. Cheap, easy, effective.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy Folex carpet cleaner at Wal Mart and use a scrub brush. Vacuum both before & after. Cheap, easy, effective.
hmm might give this a try.. does it take out the black dirtiness?

and waxing carpet?

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
hmm might give this a try.. does it take out the black dirtiness?
It has on the 100+ cars I've used it on. Took blood out of carpet with no scrubbing whatsoever. If I recommend something I have used it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you know someone with a home carpet cleaner, you can use the attachments that come with it for the carpet in the car. I have one and it works great. Be careful not to use too much water.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have two dogs.. one who was accident prone.. FOLEX works... Get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts