Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reentry had a transmission leak that been taken care off already… now I'm planning to clean the whole engine and under…. I'm planning to use the pressure car wash spray…. i heard i need to be careful on alternator, anything else that i need to be careful off? and any recommendation spray cans i could use to clean it very good to takeout all the transmission fluid? thanks

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Don't use high pressure!! Get a degreaser or Amazing Roll Off (or GUNK per Glen). Cover the alternator and the air intake. Wait for the engine to be cool. Spray down with whatever chemical you decide on using a pump sprayer (the 0.4 gallon one at Lowe's is good and less than $15). Let it sit for a bit then agitate with something like Wheel Woolies or a Speedmaster brush. Rinse. You can use compressed air/leaf blower/metro blower to blow off much of the water. Towel dry the exposed areas. Turn on the engine and let it run 10-15 mins to "burn off" the rest of the water.

autogeekonline.net is a good resource to see examples of engine cleaning. search under "articles by Mike Phillips"

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used Gunk and Simple Green where I needed to control the spay. Both worked well and got rid of tons of crud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts