Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I was pumping gas today I guess I got some grease or some black stuff on my finger and when I reached for my sunshade it got on my ceiling. Does anyone know what fabric cleaner I can use to get this stuff off? It was very difficult to get off my finger so I'm scared that when I try to clean it it will just smudge and look even worse on my ceiling. Thanks

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Woolite and water, diluted 10:1. Lightly dampen a microfiber towel with the solution and gently wipe the area. Use a clean microfiber dampened with just water and do a final wipe. When I say dampened, I mean just slightly damp. You don't want to saturate the material.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woolite and water, diluted 10:1. Lightly dampen a microfiber towel with the solution and gently wipe the area. Use a clean microfiber dampened with just water and do a final wipe. When I say dampened, I mean just slightly damp. You don't want to saturate the material.
10 to 1 water to Woolite ratio? Did this work out well for you?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Interior ceiling = Headliner

Jay

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've used that general dilution many times with good results. You don't want to use so much Woolite that it takes much water to "rinse" it out of the fabric. Again, the key is to only lightly dampen the fabric and not allow the adhesive or backing underneath to become wet. And not apply much pressure while wiping. Just use a light back and forth motion.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Locally: Folex on a MF towel and dab the spot. Continue using clean portions of the MF and dabbing until it is clean.

Online: CG Fabric Clean diluted 1:20. Same procedure as above.

If you have detailing brush like this, it would work well for gentle agitation. I wouldn't recommend agitating with a MF towel...dab only.
http://www.autogeek.net/autoventbrush.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts