Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have clear bra on my car and I was wondering if it was okay to go through a touchless car wash. Before anyone tells me to hand wash my car, I always do but now that it's winter with freezing temperature, I can't anymore. There were 2 snow storms this week so far and I would like to wash off the road salt.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Are there not coin operated pressure wash in your area? You can then direct the wand so that the water pressure does not go against the edge of the clear bra to avoid the risk of lift the edge.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there not coin operated pressure wash in your area? You can then direct the wand so that the water pressure does not go against the edge of the clear bra to avoid the risk of lift the edge.
Yes, my touchless carwash has the drive through and also the stations where you can spray the car down yourself. I thought since both would use high water pressure, it'd be the same, but I do see your point in using the wand manually to direct water away from the edge of the film.

The nice thing about the touchless wash it it also blow dries the car, but I guess it's better to have a drenched car rather than a dry car with the film peeling off.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have clear bra on my car and I was wondering if it was okay to go through a touchless car wash. Before anyone tells me to hand wash my car, I always do but now that it's winter with freezing temperature, I can't anymore. There were 2 snow storms this week so far and I would like to wash off the road salt.
Clear bra is the same material as the OEM bumper applique I believe. I have use HP on my bumper applique multiple times and haven't had any issues...both touchless and hand wand. I plan to use the touchless once per month during the winter just to get the undercarriage wash. I know the harsh soap is going to reduce the life of my Coll 845, but mostly I am doing hand wand HP rinse followed by RW with DG+AW so I'm putting a little bit of protection back on every time I do that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Clear bra is the same material as the OEM bumper applique I believe. I have use HP on my bumper applique multiple times and haven't had any issues...both touchless and hand wand. I plan to use the touchless once per month during the winter just to get the undercarriage wash. I know the harsh soap is going to reduce the life of my Coll 845, but mostly I am doing hand wand HP rinse followed by RW with DG+AW so I'm putting a little bit of protection back on every time I do that.
I have the bumper appliqué its a thinner material then my clear bra but still protect the bumper from getting scuffed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts