Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if there is any kind of Warentey on the Paint. I have a blue 08 ex-l coupe, when I looked at my rear quater pannel I noticed a strange looking type of dirt on the car. I figured I will wash it soon so I paid it no mind. After a few days I looked an realized it was bubbling of my paint and the paint was peeling off, now the bubbling is growing as a clear coat of paint it peeling down. Should I take it to the body shop or a dealership? I'd post pics but its night time now

·
08 Coupe EX-L 6-6
36 Posts
No warranty on the paint AFAIK. I've heard some complaints about 8th gen paint quality (something about using some crap paint that's better for the environment or something at the expense of longevity) but I haven't seen any with clear coat issues yet. Does yours live outside?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,005 Posts
Your warranty booklet should explain coverage. But in short, it's for 3 years/36,000 miles which means you're outside of coverage.

The good news is that Honda has on a case-by-case basis covered (partially and in full) such paint defects under
:paranoid:

Just speak to a service adviser or contact Honda directly. And be nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts