Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a check engine light on and took my 2004 Honda Accord to the shop. The fault code said the heat sensor was malfunctioning. The mechanic said this sensor should last for 100,000 miles and I only have 43,000 miles on my car. After the mechanic cleared the code, the car wouldn't start. He checked all fuses, relays and the fuel pump. All are working fine. The keyless entry works but when you try to start the car it cranks and won't turn over. Help!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
just wanted to make sure, you ARE using the regular key right? because cranking but not turning over is a symptom of using a dummy key to start the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the correct key. I actually tried both keys and neither work. Any ideas? Is it possible the mechanic messed up the programming of the keys?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Whats the immoblizer light doing (green key light) off, on steady, flashing?
When you turn the ignition ON, it should come on for about 2 seconds then turn off if it recognizes the key.
If it is blinking then it does not recognize the key and the engine will not start.
If the immoblizer is working correctly then the mechanic should know how to check for spark at the plugs to see if the problem is ignition related and spray starting fluid in the intake to see if its fuel delivery related.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What was the code ? Was it a P0141 faulty 02 sensor heater circuit ?
I just posted something on that problem above just wondering
if the 2 problems (P0141 and not starting) were related ?

Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with the others, first pull off the intake hose and give it a 2-3 second spray of starter fluid. Then quick put the hose back on and have someone start it. If it doesn't start pull one of the plugs to see if they are sparking.

Do let us know what the "key lookin" immobilizer light on the dash does.

It is possible the mechanic accidendally cleared the key info, which you can change or re-program. In this case the car would crank but not start.

This happened to my older 2003
dodge and I had to re-program it,
it had a different system, the car would start, then stall 3 seconds later.
If you tryed twice more the ecu would shut down permenantly:thumbsdow
I hope the Honda isn't like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured this out?! I have a 2002 Honda Civic ex with the p0141 code and I cleared it but came back, this morning I turn the key and the check engine light is gone and now it won’t crank. Any help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts