Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard a click/snap sound from the back of the car somewhere when turning the car left of right, cornering over bumps, or something that stresses the body of the car in that kind of situation?

I have this sound occasionally, and can't locate the source. I wonder if it might be a rear door, or something in the trunk lid, but cannot yet find it. I don't think it was there when I got the car; I have noticed it more recently the last few months. I now have 20k on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, but I did try searching for this numerous times and was unsuccessful at finding this topic.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Two snaps and a twist?

Jay

·
Registered
480 Posts
The 8th Gen Accords had a lot of problems with a creaking sound that happened exactly how you described your noise. Happened when turning, especially coming into/out of a driveway or anytime the frame flexed. It was an issue with sheet metal rubbing on sheet metal where the rear shelf was spot welded and bolted to the real bulkhead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 8th Gen Accords had a lot of problems with a creaking sound that happened exactly how you described your noise. Happened when turning, especially coming into/out of a driveway or anytime the frame flexed. It was an issue with sheet metal rubbing on sheet metal where the rear shelf was spot welded and bolted to the real bulkhead.
Interesting; this would make sense to me. What was the fix in this case?

Does anyone else have this noise?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Interesting; this would make sense to me. What was the fix in this case?

Does anyone else have this noise?
I haven't heard of any 9th Gens with this problem yet. I think this area is designed a little different on the 9th gen compared to 8th gen but I can see how there could still be an issue because it looks like there are still multiple layers of sheet metal welded/bolted together back there.

For the 8th Gen there were a lot of people who had success just spraying a teflon or silicone lubricant around all the places where the sheet metal overlapped in a specific area of the trunk. Mine required a little more work.

There's a gigantic thread on it here:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23629

Here's my post on how I was able to fix it on my 8th gen coupe:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1023604&postcount=236

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found that thread when you mentioned the 8th gen had the problem!

I had searched in the 9th gen forum, not knowing it was a common problem on the 8th gen!

Makes me want to weld the whole area back there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts