Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jsut recently purchased my 2009 Accord coupe LX-s last week from the dealer ship and i noticed a few things that might be strange but im not sure if it normal or not.

#1: i opened the hood and then engine is on and i a hear a loud clicking noise coming from the engine. and as i put my ear closer the to noise it sounds like a diesel engine car. im not sure if the engine is supposed to sound like that or should i take it back to the dealership and ask about it?

#2:when from starting out from a stop, when i press on the gas i hear a slight winding noise from the engine, kind of like a faint super charger sound. is this also normal??

·
Registered
410 Posts
#1: i opened the hood and then engine is on and i a hear a loud clicking noise coming from the engine. and as i put my ear closer the to noise it sounds like a diesel engine car. im not sure if the engine is supposed to sound like that or should i take it back to the dealership and ask about it
I noticed the same thing with my 2008 V6 EX Accord. Having never owned a Honda before, my experience with loud clicking noises has always been a bad thing, spelled "noisy lifters" that need adjustment. I had two different dealers look into this while I was there for warranty work, and they both said it was normal, with one stating that the fuel injectors are normally noisy.

HOWEVER, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (# 08-017) for 2008/2009 Accords titled "Engine knocks and ticks at idle" with a symptom that states that the noise is usually more noticeable when the engine is warm, and has a probable cause of excessive clearance of the rocker shaft bridge. So, you might want to have it checked out to make sure.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I noticed the same thing with my 2008 V6 EX Accord. Having never owned a Honda before, my experience with loud clicking noises has always been a bad thing, spelled "noisy lifters" that need adjustment. I had two different dealers look into this while I was there for warranty work, and they both said it was normal, with one stating that the fuel injectors are normally noisy.

HOWEVER, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (# 08-017) for 2008/2009 Accords titled "Engine knocks and ticks at idle" with a symptom that states that the noise is usually more noticeable when the engine is warm, and has a probable cause of excessive clearance of the rocker shaft bridge. So, you might want to have it checked out to make sure.
that noise is only for V6 that had loose bridge bolts .

OP: while it is normal to hear clicking noise with hood up (the fuel injectors and tappets do make noise (the honda injectors are load IMO) , I would say when your in car, windows up you should not hear it.

On the turbo sounding when revving engine up , that could be a issue as there a TSB on l4 that has to due with balancer shaft gears on the oil pump/balancer assembly. I would bring it in for that to get checked out .

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i tried to bring in my car to get serviced and the said they cannot look at my car until 30 days after purchase beacause soemthing to do with the warranty takes time to take effective.... but at the same time the dude wanted me to pay 90 bucks for a diagnostic, so iwas like check my warranty first and said no until i asked if i could take a look at it in the computer system adn then showed me.... i guess i have to wait 20 days or so to bring it in. but tomorrow im gonna check out he other cars on the lot to see if they hae the same sound coming from the engine

·
Registered
144 Posts
so i tried to bring in my car to get serviced and the said they cannot look at my car until 30 days after purchase beacause soemthing to do with the warranty takes time to take effective.... but at the same time the dude wanted me to pay 90 bucks for a diagnostic, so iwas like check my warranty first and said no until i asked if i could take a look at it in the computer system adn then showed me.... i guess i have to wait 20 days or so to bring it in. but tomorrow im gonna check out he other cars on the lot to see if they hae the same sound coming from the engine
That doesn't even make any sense. Never in my life have I heard of a warranty that takes 30 days to take effect. They are being shady.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Bull. The warranty takes place the second you sign the papers. Unless the car has more than 60,000 miles it is still covered under the Honda factory warranty which is 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 on engine/drivetrain. And it is 100% transferable.

Diagnostic? BS again - I've taken my old Prelude to Honda dealers with the check engine light on, and anything simple like just plugging in the diagnostics and reading the code and simply clearing it they charged me nothing because it takes less than 10 minutes to do so.

They're full of crap - please tell me you DIDN'T buy this car at a Honda dealer, because if you did it's a black eye for Honda and that dealership. They should (and usually do) know better.

In any case, take the car to a Honda dealer. Any Honda dealer - under factory warranty you can take it to any of the 2500 or so Honda dealers in America.

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thast what i dont understand, i that the bumper to bumper warranty should be right away as stated on the fine print on the papers i signed. and i yes i did purchase my car last week at the dealership.

cuz i know on the papers i sign it says i get the first 60 days bumper to bumper warranty but since i have to wait the 30 days, that money i paid for the first 30 days was useless

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
yea thast what i dont understand, i that the bumper to bumper warranty should be right away as stated on the fine print on the papers i signed. and i yes i did purchase my car last week at the dealership.

cuz i know on the papers i sign it says i get the first 60 days bumper to bumper warranty but since i have to wait the 30 days, that money i paid for the first 30 days was useless
You're still not clear..... Does the car have less than 60k miles? First 60 days bumper to bumper? If the car has less than 36k miles the car has the bumper to bumper warranty right off the bat - the factory warranty follows the car no matter where it goes. If it has between 36k and 60k you're still covered on the engine and drivetrain.

Go to hondaownerslink.com, register your car there with your vin number, and it will tell you exactly what your factory warranty is. Your dealer is full of crap.

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i finally took my car to the dealer to have them check the whining noise and they said nothings wrong with it....and then i talked to the mechanic that looked at my car and showed him the TSB and he gave me an "OH SH*t" look as in he didnt expect to see that coming, i sure he knows the probably but didnt feel like fixing it so he pulled the BS on me how my car doesnt qualify when is does since my VIN number falls in between which i didnt know until i went home and looked at my vin... so should i jsut take it back or take it to another dealership cuz i tired of the dealership giving all this BS

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you have another Honda dealership within reasonable distance, I would take it there....

I'd be scared to have a dealership look at my car that had a kodak moment like you did...You never know what they may do to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i finally took my car to the dealer to have them check the whining noise and they said nothings wrong with it....and then i talked to the mechanic that looked at my car and showed him the TSB and he gave me an "OH SH*t" look as in he didnt expect to see that coming, i sure he knows the probably but didnt feel like fixing it so he pulled the BS on me how my car doesnt qualify when is does since my VIN number falls in between which i didnt know until i went home and looked at my vin... so should i jsut take it back or take it to another dealership cuz i tired of the dealership giving all this BS
Assuming all of what you write is true, do you really need someone else to answer this question?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts