Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've noticed that the climate control system seems to be doing something strange. If you turn the system all the way down to "Lo" it will blow freezing cold air... If you turn it up to even 60F it will blow hot air. I dont think it could be an issue with the AC because it is currently 20F outside right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It is a 2005 Accord Ex-L 4cyl

Thanks

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Probably a faulty interior air temp. sensor (located next to the steering wheel). I'm assuming the temperature in the car is ~70 when it does this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. But it does this even when I am in manual mode... I turned the fan all the way up, set the temp to 60F, on upper vent only mode, and it is blowing hot air. Is there a way to test that? Any idea on the cost or how I go about replacing that?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would I do the diagnostic test with the dual automatic system? These instructions seem to be for the basic climate control system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I figured it out and I figured out the way to get individual readings on all the sensors. In-Car was fine, ambient was fine, solar was fine, % of opening was fine, but the part that seemd a bit off was the "vent temperature air out"... Here are some numbers.. Display was in oC but I'll convert to oF.

Set Temp....Vent Out Temp Reading
Hi..................180
Lo.................45

Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts