Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L NAVI
2 Posts
I am predicting the date this clock craziness will end will be between August 17th - 21st
Doing some calculations using information of the facts of this weird problem.

At the beginning of this year on the affected Honda models, the clocks sprung forward an hour and the date of the calendar was set to May 19, 2002 (this is a Sunday and also when the firmware was programmed to begin)
The firmware has limitations to 1024 weeks.

1024 weeks after May 19, 2002 is January 2,2022 (This is the day the problems started.....not New Year's Day)
Something with the programming of the initial year (2002) of the firmware is causing this.
Number of days from May 19, 2002 to January 1, 2003 is 227 days.
227 days after January 2, 2022 is August 17, 2022
The problem may be corrected on this date if the year in the firmware is the problem.
If it is looking for the next full week, then the problem will not correct itself until 4 days later on August 21, 2022

I believe & declare this to be true!
This problem will be resolved soon.
This same issue will rear its ugly head again in August 2041 (if you're lucky enough to still have your Honda)

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L NAVI
2 Posts
I don’t know how Honda can screw a simple clock in car.

A few days ago, on Aug. 17th, the clocks were able to be adjusted manually again.
However, the clock is still not syncing with the satellites with the correct time just yet. (This also pertains to the calendar).
The car's calendar on Aug. 17, 2022 was (in the car's memory) Jan. 1, 2003
These are both Wednesdays (and also the middle of the week).
The car's firmware uses 1024 weeks (or GPS epochs).
The next full week (and also the 1st full week of 2003 <car thinks> of the current GPS epoch) will start tomorrow, Sunday, August 21, 2022
Somehow, the year & weeks are used with the clock's firmware.
Hopefully, the clock (and also the calendar) will start to sync with the satellites starting tomorrow.
We will soon see.

As I mentioned in an earlier post,
If you are lucky enough to still have your Honda in August 2041, this problem will arise again.
1024 weeks from Jan. 2, 2022 (the date all of this clock madness started) will mark the end of the current GPS epoch and on August 18, 2041 the madness will ensue once again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts