Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Clock issue beginning January 1, 2022

87K views 142 replies 87 participants last post by  WiiMaster 
This seems to be affecting a bunch of Hondas with the year change. It's been happening to 05-10 Odysseys as well. If I had to guess, Honda's navi software probably has a bug and can't handle date and time in 2022. Not that different from the Y2K problem.

The Odyssey has been having issues as well.

Same issue as what was affecting Microsoft Exchange perhaps?

Updated map DVD may not fix it. Some users in the Odyssey forum are having this problem even with the latest map update. We haven't figured out what the cause of the problem is and why exactly some people are not having the issue.

Someone on the Odyssey forum contacted Honda on the issue as well.

They're saying that the engineers have said that they expect the problem to resolve itself automatically in August, but they are working to see if it can be solved sooner.

This topic has been beaten to death across the various Honda forums. At this point there's not much use chiming in just to say you also have the problem. We know the problem is widespread, we know not everyone has had the issue, we know that the map version doesn't seem to correlate to people having or not having the problem, and we know Honda is looking into a fix but also believes the problem will resolve itself in August.

Honda has released a ServiceNews Article on the topic which may be of interest to those of you who are affected:

It does affect some 7th gen Accords too, but it affects more of the 8th gen model years.

Reactions: EHingst
I have an 8th gen, no problems with the clock. Me too, loving the lack of electronics.
Do you have NAVI? Like the article says, the problem will start either when the battery is disconnected and reconnected or when DST starts again in March.

Did you happen to figure out a fix? I got an 09 Honda Accord ex-l but still
Int working and time wonā€™t change in time adjustment
Read the article posted above from Honda

Yeah, Honda had a ServiceNews about it. IIRC the date was August 19th, but I could be wrong.

Do note that auto DST will still not work in the future.

Glad I don't have NAVI so I don't have to deal with it.

Jbarna222 You were absolutely spot on with your calculation.

When i got into the car this morning i took a look at the clock only to show incorrect time :(

After driving for a couple of minutes i noticed that the hours had jumped 5 hours forward, this didn't make any sense. i went into the clock setting and saw i had amended the hours 5 hours forwards when it wouldn't work back in Jan, now that it was working, the clock jumped 5 hours forward on the dash. I went to manually adjust the time and set it correctly.

The dash now shows correct time. However when you go further into the clock/date settings the date is set to year 2003.

Not that im fussed with the date, my screen is showing the correct time! Well done Jbarna222 šŸ‘
Nothing special about the calculation. Honda said the exact same thing months ago in the ServiceNews article they put out.

After working fine all summer, I got into my car this AM and the clock has reverted back to 1 hour early. How all of a sudden is this back to showing the wrong time again?
You likely used the battery fix before. But now the system has reset and the time is working normally again. The issue is the system is not adjusting for DST correctly, resulting in the 1 hour difference. So you have to adjust that manually, which you can now do.

I am likely to own my car (hopefully) in 2041, because I HATE electric cars and there owners...

And My clock fixed its self, like others reported - but last time I looked the calendar is still back in 2003 (or was it 2002).
Yes, the calendar will not get fixed.

I just logged on to find the answer to this very same issue! I have a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi sedan- it happened once before about 2 years ago & it ended up fixing itself eventually but it just happened again this past January, it's driving me crazy--
Same response to you. Read the more recent posts.

I am anticipating an automatic change to daylight savings on November 6th.
The ServiceNews article already says this will not be the case, you'll have to set DST yourself going forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.