Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation
3 Posts
I appreciated finding this thread today. I was very confused why my 2012 Accord EX-L w/ Navi is doing this as it's usually dead-on accurate with time changes. I've read the same experience with other models as well. Can anyone confirm if getting an updated map DVD (I still have the original 2011 disc) actually fixes this bug? I don't want to spend money on something I wouldn't normally buy if it won't repair the issue.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation
3 Posts
Thanks for this follow up. I just thought about this the other day now that it’s August. Hard to believe we’ve been dealing with this for eight months. I hope you are correct!

I am predicting the date this clock craziness will end will be between August 17th - 21st
Doing some calculations using information of the facts of this weird problem.

At the beginning of this year on the affected Honda models, the clocks sprung forward an hour and the date of the calendar was set to May 19, 2002 (this is a Sunday and also when the firmware was programmed to begin)
The firmware has limitations to 1024 weeks.

1024 weeks after May 19, 2002 is January 2,2022 (This is the day the problems started.....not New Year's Day)
Something with the programming of the initial year (2002) of the firmware is causing this.
Number of days from May 19, 2002 to January 1, 2003 is 227 days.
227 days after January 2, 2022 is August 17, 2022
The problem may be corrected on this date if the year in the firmware is the problem.
If it is looking for the next full week, then the problem will not correct itself until 4 days later on August 21, 2022

I believe & declare this to be true!
This problem will be resolved soon.
This same issue will rear its ugly head again in August 2041 (if you're lucky enough to still have your Honda)
Thanks for this follow up. I just thought about this the other day now that it’s August. Hard to believe we’ve been dealing with this for eight months. I hope you are correct!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts