Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it may be related to this bug in gpsd that had to do with how leap years are calculated which made some clocks roll back to March 2020 last year in October

This is what my GPS information showed today, exactly 1024 weeks off, correct time on gps signal but (assuming dst time).
Vehicle Plant Automotive design Car Personal luxury car

Also, my UK dealer said a service advisory was issued today, they expect it to be fixed by August and automatically, blamed the whole thing on GPS sattelites and not a software issue, and no specific help for now. Called Honda contacts centre and they just hung up and forwarded me to the survey even before picking up the call.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue here...2007 EX-L navigation, noticed the problem on January 2nd and read every thread I could find for a fix. Car also shows 2002 as the year in the calender screen and when I try to manually adjust the clock, it resets the adjustment to 12:00 but does not save. Found the secret menu, tried setting it there but it doesn't save there either and also shows 2002. All the diagnostic checks in that menu were fine.

So then I disconnected the battery, entered the codes, and it reset to 1:00pm (it was 12:33 or so at the time). So now instead of 1 hour fast, it is 27 minutes fast and after reading this thread, I might just try this again just before 1pm someday to see if I can get lucky and have it reset to around the right time.

Only other issue here is that I've noticed the nav screen takes 5-10 minutes to recognize itself after the battery is disconnected. I noticed this when I changed the battery earlier last year, I got a red script screen saying it had lost signal and will take some time to reconnect. If I can figure out a way for it to reconnect in a predictable time I'm going to try this while waiting for the August fix, or a new disc, or any other permanent fix that might hopefully come out?

BTW I bought the car in 2012 and have never replaced the disc. So it's either 2011 or 2007 I'd say.

Has anyone tried disconnecting the battery to see where the clock resets to?
My 2010 Honda Accord 2.2i-DTEC has this problem too, so I decided to try this fix which came from another forum

I trieddisconnecting the battery just before 1pm, but reconnecting at ~1pm didn't work. Then I wondered whether it needed to be disconnected for longer, so I did it again and waited about 15 minutes before reconnecting.

On switching on, the time showed as 1.00pm, and continued working as normal, but showed ~20minutes slow.

So it appears that the timing is vital, and I'll now have to wait until 1.00pm tomorrow to try again!

I'm not sure about the timing of this though - should it be bang on 1pm when I disconnect and instantly reconnect, or should I disconnect before 1pm , leave off and reconnect at exactly 1pm? I somehow favour the latter, but does anyone know the correct procedure, please?

What a faff!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L, MSM, 2011 Acura TSX
162 Posts
There is no correct procedure, other than patience. You will not be able to “fix” it. It’s a software writing/development faux pas that will have to be repaired by Honda/Alpine programmers. There are numerous posts here and on other forums written by software engineers explaining what has happened, and what Honda has responded with.

I think it would be appropriate for the moderators to step in and ensure ALL of the posts referencing this issue don’t motivate someone to try something ill advised and “brick” their head unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is no correct procedure, other than patience. You will not be able to “fix” it. It’s a software writing/development faux pas that will have to be repaired by Honda/Alpine programmers. There are numerous posts here and on other forums written by software engineers explaining what has happened, and what Honda has responded with.

I think it would be appropriate for the moderators to step in and ensure ALL of the posts referencing this issue don’t motivate someone to try something ill advised and “brick” their head unit.
I disconnected the battery at 12.45 today and reconnected it at exactly 1pm. As I reconnected, my wife switched on the ignition, and lo and behold, the clock showed 1.00, and carried on working. It may be a few seconds out, but that's better than the previous situation where it was ~20 minutes ahead after my initial trial.

However, I have a feeling that it may be 12 hours behind, as I was initially using the 24hr clock, but only time will tell (excuse pun!!).

I accept that this is not a permanent fix, and trust that no harm will have been done to my system, as a battery disconnect can obviously occur for many other reasons

I also contacted Honda in Doncaster who confirmed that the issue occurred due to a GPS update, and arranged to notify me when Honda have found a solution to the problem. I live in hope!!

I feel that it would be most useful if a statement to that effect could be put on the forum as some kind of special message, to inform the myriad of people who have this problem, and save time searching for a possible solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put in a case with Honda of America. They did call me back and the rep told me "there were a lot of reports of the problem for both Honda and Acura. It has been escalated with engineering, but that the problem would auto-correct in August."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I have solved the issue with a workaround by removing the GPS antenna. Without antenna, it's possible to set the time manually from the Diagnostic Menu
How did you disconnect the GPS antenna, Just unplug it from the DVD olayer in the trunk? And couldn't you just pull it in your garage and just Blind the GPS?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I disconnected the battery at 12.45 today and reconnected it at exactly 1pm. As I reconnected, my wife switched on the ignition, and lo and behold, the clock showed 1.00, and carried on working. It may be a few seconds out, but that's better than the previous situation where it was ~20 minutes ahead after my initial trial.

However, I have a feeling that it may be 12 hours behind, as I was initially using the 24hr clock, but only time will tell (excuse pun!!).

I accept that this is not a permanent fix, and trust that no harm will have been done to my system, as a battery disconnect can obviously occur for many other reasons

I also contacted Honda in Doncaster who confirmed that the issue occurred due to a GPS update, and arranged to notify me when Honda have found a solution to the problem. I live in hope!!

I feel that it would be most useful if a statement to that effect could be put on the forum as some kind of special message, to inform the myriad of people who have this problem, and save time searching for a possible solution.
That workaround worked Silverman - Thanks, clock was driving the wife crazy!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed today my clock jumped ahead and hour and when I go to clock adjustment to change it, it doesnt change after i adjust the time. Tried turning the auto timezone and auto dst off and on made no difference. I drive a 2011 exl coupe with navi. Anyone else have the same thing happen?
From Honda: Good morning, Thank you for contacting American Honda. We are aware of the issue. Our engineering team is currently investigating to determine if a counter measure can be developed. They have advised us that except for the date and time, the navi will continue to function normally and that the issue will resolve itself when the date range moves into August of this year. They are currently looking into more expedient solutions. If/when an update becomes available owners will be notified via standard mail, similarly to how we would notify drivers of a recall. ^WD

Seems like there is a bug in the navigation system, the clocks on my 2010 Accord and many other Honda models have advanced by one hour today (2022-JAN-02).

CRV: Clock Fault (Year 2022)

Pilot: 2011 EX-L w/NAV Clock Issue

Ridgeline: handsfreelink and navi problems

Just like the owners in those posts, I also tried manually set the time, but it jumps right back to 12:00 on the Navigation UI after I hit "DONE", and the smaller clock on the radio is nolonger in sync with the navigation system.

And also the GPS status on the navigation is not stable (keep going from no fix (No GPS symbol on map) -> 2d fix (a dimond shape next to the word GPS) -> 3d fix (a box next to the word GPS) -> no fix) even tho I am driving in a low density zone with good visibiliy to the sky.

I wish Honda would release a fix.

View attachment 536911
The clock on the Navigation UI is stuck at 1200. And the clock on the radio is one hour ahead.

View attachment 536910
And today's date became 2002 Jan 1 in the Calendar
Good morning, Thank you for contacting American Honda. We are aware of the issue. Our engineering team is currently investigating to determine if a counter measure can be developed. They have advised us that except for the date and time, the navi will continue to function normally and that the issue will resolve itself when the date range moves into August of this year. They are currently looking into more expedient solutions. If/when an update becomes available owners will be notified via standard mail, similarly to how we would notify drivers of a recall. ^WD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed today my clock jumped ahead and hour and when I go to clock adjustment to change it, it doesnt change after i adjust the time. Tried turning the auto timezone and auto dst off and on made no difference. I drive a 2011 exl coupe with navi. Anyone else have the same thing happen?
I have a 2012 Accord EXL with nav and it did the same thing. I still can’t figure out how to fix it

·
When will the mods stop.... or will they?
2008 Honda accord Coupe 6 speed manual
1,515 Posts
wow I just realized that this happened to my 2007 4cyl 7th gen navi accord 4 door. Didn't even ask why it was off an hour and now I am seeing this. Oh boy, what a joke.

However on my 08 v6/6 I just checked and it's still correct. Although I cannot start the car as I have no manifold or throttle body so hopefully it doesn't incorrectly correct itself lol. Or I'll be cheezed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've created this as a new post in order to alleviate frustration caused by trawling through the numerous posts on this issue, not knowing how else to draw attention to it. I appreciate that many people may just choose to live with the 1 hour error until it get's sorted, but here is a temporary workaround for those who find it annoying - but do please note my comments at the end of this article.

Incidentally having spoken to Honda in Doncaster UK, who advise me that the issue of the clock showing one hour ahead of time and the date being incorrect was caused by a GPS update, and that they will phone me when Honda have worked out what can be done about the problem. I have no reason to distrust this advice. I note that others have also received similar comments from Honda.

In the meantime, based on a tip from another forum, I came up with the following, which I must stress apparently worked OK for me, but for which I offer no guarantee of success or that no unseen damage may have occurred in using it, doubtful as it may seem.

Basically, it merely involves disconnecting the battery, with the ignition off, then reconnecting at exactly 1pm followed immediately by switching on the ignition. This results in the clock on the radio displaying 1.00. Delaying until later than 1pm will result in the clock starting from 1.00 regardless, so do ensure you do it at 1.00. After this you will need to re-insert the radio code, and set the language and units required for the GPS ie metric or imperial.

There is a downside which may prevent you from doing this, in that after the process the clock is in 24 hour mode, and therefore will be 12 hours out eg 7.00am displays 19.00!! At least that was what I found, and subsequently attempting to reset the mode in settings would not work.

It is quite likely that performing the procedure at 1.00am would correct the issue, but I have not yet stayed up that late to try it.!

Having read through this you may well conclude that it's easier to remember the clock is just 1 hour ahead, and not bother!!

Thanks anyway for reading if you've got this far.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I appreciated finding this thread today. I was very confused why my 2012 Accord EX-L w/ Navi is doing this as it's usually dead-on accurate with time changes. I've read the same experience with other models as well. Can anyone confirm if getting an updated map DVD (I still have the original 2011 disc) actually fixes this bug? I don't want to spend money on something I wouldn't normally buy if it won't repair the issue.
I got the 2021 DVD update last year, and have the same clock issues as everyone else here. So don't waste your money!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
FWIW, after reading this thread, I checked my portable Garmin Nuvi GPS which I haven't used in a while. It showed the current time was a few min after 2 PM when it was only those exact same min after 1 PM, even though it had acquired a satellite and would start giving directions.

I unchecked the settings box to auto-update the time but the button to manually set time was still grayed out. I held my finger on the screen over that button for ~30 sec and it suddenly seemed to activate, but it would only let me set the time back to an exact hour or to 10 min after an hour and nothing else...

Seems like Garmin may need to fix more than their built-in devices too...

·
AC6DN
1,336 Posts
I have a 2012 accord with Navi. I have the 2020 new map. I have the same problem.
The local dealership is a ware of the problem. They clam Honda is looking into it.

Reactions: BevDeJ

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
993 Posts
This topic has been beaten to death across the various Honda forums. At this point there's not much use chiming in just to say you also have the problem. We know the problem is widespread, we know not everyone has had the issue, we know that the map version doesn't seem to correlate to people having or not having the problem, and we know Honda is looking into a fix but also believes the problem will resolve itself in August.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts