Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't appear that Honda is going to really try and do something about it. Rather they are going to let time pass until August and let the "kink" self-adjust. That is what I got from Honda a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 Accord having the same clock issues. Also having a problem with the XM radio, can’t get any stations, it is stuck in the “loading“ mode. Might these be related? Anyone else having similar issues?

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,043 Posts
Just stumbled across this thread. Now I know what is up with my wife's 2010 Acura RDX. It's doing the same thing. Tried to adjust multiple times but would not accept. Thanks Honda. SMH

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what I was told as a work around by a dealer who was reading it from Honda.
At exactly 12:40 AM or PM, doesn’t matter, disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Reconnect, enter radio and NAV codes and hopefully you have timed it just right to where when the system clock starts at 1:00, it’s actually 1:00. On my car there is no calendar so am or pm doesn’t matter.
I have an 06 EXL and could do this but would have to twice a year. No thanks, please fix it Honda.
IMO, there is really no excuse for this happening…ever!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord Touring Sedan
32 Posts
2008 Honda Accord v6 with Navi

So I assumed that the clock was automatically adjusted?? But my clock has been 1 hour ahead since DST hit. I've tried googling on how to fix it but all I find are non-navi solutions.

What's the solution on navi Accords?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Your owners manual should tell you how to change the time on your clock. On a 7th gen its really easy. However, on my 7th Gen (2005) the plus and minus buttons don't do anything. So what I do is unplug the battery, give it 15-20 minutes or so to let the memory die. Then I plug the battery back in and enter the radio code right at 1:00. On the 7th Gen's the clock defaults to 1:00 so entering the radio code at 1:00 sets the clock correctly.

Reactions: KW2004Accord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buy a navigation update DVD, that's supposed to fix it.
No, no it won’t…

From Honda:

Dear Mr. Hingst ,

We value you as a Honda customer and appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concern. On behalf of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., we apologize for the circumstances which prompted you to reach out to us. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for bringing your concern(s) to our attention.

Upon further review of the circumstances related to the inability to adjust the calendar/clock, we have confirmed that the issue is related to the navigation system’s internal calendar/clock.

We have also confirmed that the internal calendar/clock issue is temporary, and the navigation system will auto correct itself after the summer of 2022. We ask that you wait until September 2022, after which you will be able to manually adjust the calendar/clock to your preferred time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter.

Kind regards,
Honda In-Car Technology Support

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Dear Mr. Hingst ,

blah, blah, blah . . .We ask that you wait until September 2022, after which you will be able to manually adjust the calendar/clock to your preferred time.
LOLLLL

·
Registered
2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
1,281 Posts
Honda has released a ServiceNews Article on the topic which may be of interest to those of you who are affected:

It does affect some 7th gen Accords too, but it affects more of the 8th gen model years.

Reactions: EHingst

·
8th Gen Believer
4,806 Posts
I have an 8th gen, no problems with the clock. Me too, loving the lack of electronics.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have an 8th gen, no problems with the clock. Me too, loving the lack of electronics.
Do you have NAVI? Like the article says, the problem will start either when the battery is disconnected and reconnected or when DST starts again in March.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Did you happen to figure out a fix? I got an 09 Honda Accord ex-l but still
Int working and time won’t change in time adjustment
Read the article posted above from Honda

·
Registered
1 Posts
New year's day my clock read Jan 1 2001. Honda dealer told me its one of Honda's satellite and nothing they cZn do anything about it. Have to wait whin time change occurs in August 2022??? For real come on. I have 2011 Honda crv ex

My PC card ejector button broken any idea how much that will cost to fix. PC card stuck n reads no card ? Smh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read on a forum that if you unplug the fuse for the radio under the hood (spot 29) and plug it back on and start the car, it'll reacquire GPS signal and fix the issue. Good luck!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts