Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
1,857 Posts
Jbarna222 You were absolutely spot on with your calculation.

When i got into the car this morning i took a look at the clock only to show incorrect time :(

After driving for a couple of minutes i noticed that the hours had jumped 5 hours forward, this didn't make any sense. i went into the clock setting and saw i had amended the hours 5 hours forwards when it wouldn't work back in Jan, now that it was working, the clock jumped 5 hours forward on the dash. I went to manually adjust the time and set it correctly.

The dash now shows correct time. However when you go further into the clock/date settings the date is set to year 2003.

Not that im fussed with the date, my screen is showing the correct time! Well done Jbarna222 👍
Nothing special about the calculation. Honda said the exact same thing months ago in the ServiceNews article they put out.

·
VCM DELETE
1,152 Posts
After working fine all summer, I got into my car this AM and the clock has reverted back to 1 hour early. How all of a sudden is this back to showing the wrong time again?

·
(Ken)
'09 6-6 Accord Coupe
191 Posts
After working fine all summer, I got into my car this AM and the clock has reverted back to 1 hour early. How all of a sudden is this back to showing the wrong time again?
Mine was fine in January when it happened to most people. Then the clocks changed in the spring and I got screwed too. Honda engineers couldn't bother counting to 20 to make sure the date code wouldn't break their integer limit. They can't be bothered to release an update for millions of cars. Such is the world. A working clock shouldn't be a luxury, but I can't tell you how nice it is to drive my 30 year old Acura simply because the clock works.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
You likely used the battery fix before. But now the system has reset and the time is working normally again. The issue is the system is not adjusting for DST correctly, resulting in the 1 hour difference. So you have to adjust that manually, which you can now do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Somehow the fix is not fixing the issue. I have changed my Honda Accord time after changing battery. I connected battery at exactly 1:00noo so now the issue is my clock was working OK before fix but yesterday it jumped to 1hr 18 minutes ahead. Today I again reset at 1:00 by disconnecting and connecting battery but again it jumped by 1hr 18 minutes. I don’t know how Honda can screw a simple clock in car

·
2006 EX-L NAV 5 speed
7 Posts
Just sharing my experience today.

I had August 17 marked on my calendar as the Honda clock reset date, but I forgot about it until I headed out to run some errands mid-day.

I did the manual, disconnect the battery and reconnect at 1:00 fix month ago. Today, on the way home from the errands I noticed the clock was ~30 minutes fast (which temporarily panicked me because for a few seconds I thought I would be late for a 1 o'clock meeting!).

I don't know why the clock jumped ahead like that, but later in the day I fired up the NAVI and went into the menu. I pressed SETUP > MORE > CLOCK ADJUSTMENT, and then RESET. That did the trick. The clock instantly displayed the correct time.

Just one person's experience. Good luck to all of you.

I don’t know how Honda can screw a simple clock in car
It's not a simple clock. That's the root of the problem. If it were a simple clock we would not have this thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just sharing my experience today.

I had August 17 marked on my calendar as the Honda clock reset date, but I forgot about it until I headed out to run some errands mid-day.

I did the manual, disconnect the battery and reconnect at 1:00 fix month ago. Today, on the way home from the errands I noticed the clock was ~30 minutes fast (which temporarily panicked me because for a few seconds I thought I would be late for a 1 o'clock meeting!).

I don't know why the clock jumped ahead like that, but later in the day I fired up the NAVI and went into the menu. I pressed SETUP > MORE > CLOCK ADJUSTMENT, and then RESET. That did the trick. The clock instantly displayed the correct time.

Just one person's experience. Good luck to all of you.

It's not a simple clock. That's the root of the problem. If it were a simple clock we would not have this thread.
Thanks for this. Your finding worked on mine as well. Same story. I had previously fixed my clock with the 1:00 preset fix. That got me by until a couple days ago when the clock jumped ahead by 4:38 hours. Today your fix worked except it was behind by an hour so I just manually advanced the time with the manual adjust feature on the same screen. My clock is now properly set. Hopefully this fix holds. Although now it appears it's not hard to rest the clock via NAVI set-up screen. I don't know if that function was available before now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nothing special about the calculation. Honda said the exact same thing months ago in the ServiceNews article they put out.
Same thing happened to me in the UK. I had gone to the trouble of disconnecting the battery and re-connecting at exactly 1 o'clock so the clock was correct. However, on Wednesday 17th I noticed it had gone completely awry. At first I was very dismayed but a little while later I realised it just needed to be re-set (which now works). The only other problem was that the Summer Time setting was still not working so it was an hour earlier than it should be in the UK with British Summer Time. However, I discovered the clock adjustment now also works - so I simply added an hour and now it's fine. Don't know and don't care about the date!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2011 EX-L Navi, and after Jan 1, 2022 the clock was an hour ahead and couldn't be adjusted. When daylight savings time started in March, then the clock was correct due to the time change. Today noticed it was an hour behind actual time. Guess this is the date in August the Honda engineers said it would "fix" itself. I am now able to manually adjust the time, so just set it to the correct time.

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solved! As stated in other messages, I can now change the time on my 2016
Same thing happened to me in the UK. I had gone to the trouble of disconnecting the battery and re-connecting at exactly 1 o'clock so the clock was correct. However, on Wednesday 17th I noticed it had gone completely awry. At first I was very dismayed but a little while later I realised it just needed to be re-set (which now works). The only other problem was that the Summer Time setting was still not working so it was an hour earlier than it should be in the UK with British Summer Time. However, I discovered the clock adjustment now also works - so I simply added an hour and now it's fine. Don't know and don't care about the date!
SOLVED! I also have now discovered I can adjust the time from the menu that I could not before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Honda engineers couldn't bother counting to 20 to make sure the date code wouldn't break their integer limit.
I have posted this in the thread previously but will reiterate. This was nothing to do with an integer limit, it was due to the GPS epoch. The GPS epoch is 1024 weeks, it is quite common for GPS devices to only support a single 1024 week epoch and the starting week of the epoch can be set at any point in that 1024 week span.
Obviously the GPS used in these cars uses a 2002 start date for the GPS epoch. Problem is, some other part of the system uses an epoch start of Jan 1 2003 and can't track time prior to that date, which broke manual time adjustment.

·
(Ken)
'09 6-6 Accord Coupe
191 Posts
Ah, thank fuck, I can finally adjust it manually.

I have posted this in the thread previously but will reiterate. This was nothing to do with an integer limit, it was due to the GPS epoch. The GPS epoch is 1024 weeks, it is quite common for GPS devices to only support a single 1024 week epoch and the starting week of the epoch can be set at any point in that 1024 week span.
Obviously the GPS used in these cars uses a 2002 start date for the GPS epoch. Problem is, some other part of the system uses an epoch start of Jan 1 2003 and can't track time prior to that date, which broke manual time adjustment.
This doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take your word for it. [joke] It's a shame we got dumped in the unpatchably bad programming epoch.[/joke]

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L NAVI
2 Posts
I don’t know how Honda can screw a simple clock in car.

A few days ago, on Aug. 17th, the clocks were able to be adjusted manually again.
However, the clock is still not syncing with the satellites with the correct time just yet. (This also pertains to the calendar).
The car's calendar on Aug. 17, 2022 was (in the car's memory) Jan. 1, 2003
These are both Wednesdays (and also the middle of the week).
The car's firmware uses 1024 weeks (or GPS epochs).
The next full week (and also the 1st full week of 2003 <car thinks> of the current GPS epoch) will start tomorrow, Sunday, August 21, 2022
Somehow, the year & weeks are used with the clock's firmware.
Hopefully, the clock (and also the calendar) will start to sync with the satellites starting tomorrow.
We will soon see.

As I mentioned in an earlier post,
If you are lucky enough to still have your Honda in August 2041, this problem will arise again.
1024 weeks from Jan. 2, 2022 (the date all of this clock madness started) will mark the end of the current GPS epoch and on August 18, 2041 the madness will ensue once again!

·
2006 EX-L NAV 5 speed
7 Posts
Hopefully, the clock (and also the calendar) will start to sync with the satellites starting tomorrow. We will soon see.
No luck yet resetting the calendar. Yet. I pulled my car out of the garage a few hours ago and left the key in Position I. I checked again just now an the calendar still thinks it it January 2003. I can live with that so long as the clock shows the correct time.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you are lucky enough to still have your Honda in August 2041, this problem will arise again. 1024 weeks from Jan. 2, 2022 (the date all of this clock madness started) will mark the end of the current GPS epoch and on August 18, 2041 the madness will ensue once again!
Good to know.

Let's see -- my Accord will be 35 years old and I will be 83. Given that it's more and more difficult to buy a new car with a manual transmission I may still have this one!

·
AC6DN
1,599 Posts
A few days ago, on Aug. 17th, the clocks were able to be adjusted manually again.
However, the clock is still not syncing with the satellites with the correct time just yet. (This also pertains to the calendar).
The car's calendar on Aug. 17, 2022 was (in the car's memory) Jan. 1, 2003
These are both Wednesdays (and also the middle of the week).
The car's firmware uses 1024 weeks (or GPS epochs).
The next full week (and also the 1st full week of 2003 <car thinks> of the current GPS epoch) will start tomorrow, Sunday, August 21, 2022
Somehow, the year & weeks are used with the clock's firmware.
Hopefully, the clock (and also the calendar) will start to sync with the satellites starting tomorrow.
We will soon see.

As I mentioned in an earlier post,
If you are lucky enough to still have your Honda in August 2041, this problem will arise again.
1024 weeks from Jan. 2, 2022 (the date all of this clock madness started) will mark the end of the current GPS epoch and on August 18, 2041 the madness will ensue once again!
I am likely to own my car (hopefully) in 2041, because I HATE electric cars and there owners...

And My clock fixed its self, like others reported - but last time I looked the calendar is still back in 2003 (or was it 2002).

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I am likely to own my car (hopefully) in 2041, because I HATE electric cars and there owners...

And My clock fixed its self, like others reported - but last time I looked the calendar is still back in 2003 (or was it 2002).
Yes, the calendar will not get fixed.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
2009 EXL V6 Sedan w/Navi
44 Posts
Accord EX-L w/ Navi
Just noticed today my clock jumped ahead and hour and when I go to clock adjustment to change it, it doesnt change after i adjust the time. Tried turning the auto timezone and auto dst off and on made no difference. I drive a 2011 exl coupe with navi. Anyone else have the same thing happen?
I just logged on to find the answer to this very same issue! I have a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi sedan- it happened once before about 2 years ago & it ended up fixing itself eventually but it just happened again this past January, it's driving me crazy--

121 - 140 of 143 Posts