Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Honda Accord 2.0T 10 AT 2022 5 weeks ago (Driven 600 miles). Today I heard a clunking noise for the first time when switching gears between R and D (no noise while driving or switching to N or P gear). I have been driving this car almost daily and never heard this noise.

Exactly same situation as in the video below

I tried to troubleshoot it my self and found that the noise comes only comes when i have foot on my break paddle( applying normal force). When I press it really hard the noise gets reduced by 99%. This was never the case during the first 580 miles I have driven. Also, no noise when I switch the gear between D and R or any other gear while the handbrake is engaged.

Have been looking online and found that others have faced the issue as well. Some say it is normal and some say it isn't.

I always used to press the brakes paddle with normal force before changing the gear and never heard it.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
^^This. I don't recall anyone having this complaint.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@slimm1469 @uniquelimon87

In the video below at approximately 6:50 or 6:51 when the guy switch to D from R I hear the same sound. I have heard some saying that it is normal. But, I am not sure as I came from Toyota Camry background. Also in quite a few reviews on youtube of this generation accord you will come across similar kind of sound. I don't hear this sound either if i switch to any gear in a flow while driving i.e when I instantly take the foot off the brake when I change the gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts