Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Cluster illumination - Orange - '07 Sedan

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ///M_Powerholic 
#1 ·
Finally did it, got the orange film to use it into the cluster ( Color is to close to those found in BMW interiors ) , which gave me the output that I always wanted, of course thanks to this guy over here : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138131/2003-honda-accord/

Anyways, will leave you with the pictures now, these can be a reference in the future for those who want their cluster to glow in Red or Orange.

Enjoy, and let me know your opinions...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice change-up. That is EXACTLY BMW's orange. I know Volkswagon and Scion had some sort of switch to change the color light in their dash as well...always thought that was a nice feature. Good job!

#3 ·
Thanks dude !

Yup, really close BMW's Orange, didn't expect it to be that close to be honest, I'm loving it so far.

#4 ·
...and by the way, that is an excellent and easy to follow write-up you linked to. I checked eBay for "High Temperature Gel Sheets" and got 47 hits....every color you can imagine. Thank you.

#5 ·
My pleasure, let me know if you need any help.

#11 ·
Thanks !

Great Job!

Any links to the place you bought the orange gel sheet from?
Actually, I live in Dubai and found it locally.

Very nice !! And it's a fairly simple and very inexpensive DIY too - high temp lighting filters, who would of thought !! I used to work with light filters all the time in high school and college ... you can get these for like $3.

I think a light blue hue is in my Accord's future ... something to match the LED interior lights I have my eye on ?? hmmm ...
haha, I chose Orange because I'm a big fan of BMWs ! :D

Very nice job! I personally like the stock color but it looks sharp.
Thanks, I never said that I hated the stock white, but I just wanted to see how it looks with Orange color, and I definitely like it !

I got inspired by the Accord Type-S which is sold in Europe only. ( Youtube )

Nice! I actually like it. Wish the needles were red though.
Thanks, Yeah I wish I can find a method to match them with the orange background or make them red, but don't know if there's a way of doing it.
White needles aren't that bad, but prefer to match them with the rest of the cluster.

#7 ·
Great Job!

Any links to the place you bought the orange gel sheet from?

#8 ·
Very nice !! And it's a fairly simple and very inexpensive DIY too - high temp lighting filters, who would of thought !! I used to work with light filters all the time in high school and college ... you can get these for like $3.

I think a light blue hue is in my Accord's future ... something to match the LED interior lights I have my eye on ?? hmmm ...

#9 ·
Very nice job! I personally like the stock color but it looks sharp.

#10 ·
Nice! I actually like it. Wish the needles were red though.

#12 ·
nice choice on the color thats what i'd would go with.:thumbsup:

#14 ·
#17 ·
Get a blue filter and do it !

Really simple and not time consuming, maximum time required is 1 hour.

Nice! My wife's car is actually an E46 BMW and I always like the way the interior lit up orange at night. I actually did this once to my Old Checy Camaro to mimic the BMW Orange and it turned out good too! Great work and I may have to do this on my Accord....
Thanks man.

Do it and show us the results ! :D

Update :

Did the middle screen today...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.