Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Recently I have noticed my clutch is making a clicking noise. At the same spot when I am pushing down the clutch, I hear a click.

So, I looked at the clutch and found the source of the noise. Luckily, nothing is broken. I tried lubricating it which has done nothing. Any suggestions on how to take care of this noise? Here is the source. Sorry for the sideways pic lol, I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

Thanks for the help, always appreciated :smile!

Attachments

·
RoopsPhoto.com
218 Posts
My clutch clicks once when I push it in/release it as well. It used to annoy me, but I have not gotten around to investigating the source of this click.

Your picture is not clear to tell what is clicking.

·
Registered
645 Posts
You have to grease the area where the rod goes through the firewall. Also, add grease to the pivot point of the clutch pedal, and on both end of the spring near the pivot point.

You'll have to look under the dash with a flashlight and study a bit where those components are.

I've done that to mine a couple years ago, and the clicking stopped. Had to done it again last week...

Also, notice that the clicking won't go away right after you put some grease. You'll need to drive the car a couple times, then it should stop. Anyway, that's what mine did...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks for the information. Yeah it was kind of challenging to take a pic lol. I will try greasing those spots, and take a closer look.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, today it is cooler than usual at 57, and the clicking isn't as bad. Still there I believe, but not as obvious.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,612 Posts
Assuming the master cylinder is similar from the 5spd to the 6 spd:

Get one of those needle attachments for your grease gun, probably available at any auto parts store for about a buck. Get on your back with a flashlight, see where the piston goes into the master cylinder, put the needle in there and give it a shot or two, drive a few days and let us know how it goes.

If temperature affects the noise, it sounds just like what myself and others have experienced. I haven't had to grease mine this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool I will try this when I can. Unfortunately it's been pouring rain and cold all day today and probably tomorrow, maybe at the end of the week I can look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts